Father’s Day 2020, what did you get?

What is a Fat Rascal, if I might enquire?
It's a bit like a rock cake but with two cherries and three blanched almonds in a distinctive arrangement on the top. The name is registered as a trade mark by Betty's (a traditional tea room) in York. I actually prefer the ones made in Helmsley but they're called something else to avoid litigation.

It's a bit like a rock cake but with two cherries and three blanched almonds in a distinctive arrangement on the top. The name is registered as a trade mark by Betty's (a traditional tea room) in York. I actually prefer the ones made in Helmsley but they're called something else to avoid litigation.
Sounds like something worth trying!

I did alright this year.
I have a thing for watches, got this excellent Casio Dive Watch.

IMG_20200623_185333.jpg

Then this

IMG_20200622_093605.jpg

Plus various beers, and British snacks from the local Ex Pat store.
Scored this year!

I assume after watching the video these are very popular? I must admit it seems your selection of baked goods Is never ending.
There's lots of local stuff that doesn't appear outside the place of origin. There might be something similar with a different name but not quite the same. So you end up travelling some distance to get your favourite item. It's not a problem, each day trip takes you to a different bit of scenery and a chance to scoff something that you can't buy near your home.

The best Yorkshire Curd Tart is at Helmsley. A Fat Rascal is at York or Harrogate. Cod and chips at Whitby. A patty (that's a slice of cod between two slices of potato, covered in batter and deep-fried) at the Bassletons Fish Bar in Stokesley. Each is it's own day out.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Some cream for my cracked heels

I got a new holster for my .357 magnum. Unfortunately the mongs got the wrong colour and revolver model holster and I told them so.

I don't do the it's the thought that counts stuff, if they had paid attention to the link I sent out and thought about it, they'd have got the fecking holster I wanted.

I got this from my eldest son

Looks nice, haven't tried it yet

1592978073777.png

Texts.

A card arrived YESTERDAY!!

But the oldest goes on holiday with her Uni mates later in the year, so revenge will be sweet when she comes tapping me for spending money.

Daughter 1: Daaaaad
MB: Nope
D1: I love you daaaad
MB: I Love you too sweetie, the answer is still no. Maybe next time you will remember to send a card on time.
D1: *big sad eyes*
MB: How much?

Soft as shyte!

Just tea and some socks from the mushlings

20200620_142902_resized.jpg

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
A card from daughter No 4 and a text from youngest son. I'll forgive the others in time....maybe...the *********.