Father’s Day 2020, what did you get?

Well it appears we don’t have a Father’s Day hit or miss thread for this year. So what did you lot get from your offspring and SO?
1B8E8BC4-B217-493C-8F4D-515973ABEDAD.jpeg
560F6C0E-B46E-4D5A-AE6F-B471BF58F00B.png

I got my Speed Goat from last season and the chance to do it again.

I got my old man a bottle of this.

So I should still be in line to receive an inheritance down the road...maybe.
BF4E2E11-A918-4525-858F-6205A969CB49.jpeg

A pair of slippers, a Terrys orange egg, a black chocolate Toblerone, 2 packets of raspberry fondant filled strings, 2 2ltr black cherry flavoured drink cartons, and some very funny cards, all from the girls, and one granddaughter, however, my 2 knobend sons are in for a right earole full when I see them, not even a card.

Carbon 6

War Hero
IMG_1343.JPG

This. As I said in the Boris thread, I don't know if my daughter is taking the piss.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Flowers and a print of Norman Rockwell's 'Breaking Home Ties'

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A text message! :(

I win. I got Yorkshire.

Miss pimh (now in her new house 20 miles away) had planned pre-Covid that we should all book into a hotel in Whitby and spend the weekend sampling various local delights - living 250 miles away, we don't get nice food and beer. That was no longer on the cards.

So, with the draw-down of the lock-down, wife, son and I were invited for a few hours in the garden with Miss pimh and her significant other. The badly kept secret was that everyone attending (including my son who only eats toast if somebody else cooks it) would contribute a Yorkshire delicacy.

Roast beef and onion gravy in (home-made) yorkshire puddings, Fat Rascals, Yorkshire Curd Tart, Parkin, Yorkshire Tea served in fine china (I was driving) and other stuff like cheese scones etc.

Very, very nice.

All that was missing was Whitby cod and chips (from Siggy's), patties from Stokesley, savoury ducks and carlins. Next year, maybe.

Last edited:
I win. I got Yorkshire.

Miss pimh (now in her new house 20 miles away) had planned pre-Covid that we should all book into a hotel in Whitby and spend the weekend sampling various local delights - living 250 miles away, we don't get nice food and beer. That was no longer on the cards.

So, with the draw-down of the lock-down, wife, son and I were invited for a few hours in the garden with Miss pimh and her significant other. The badly kept secret was that everyone attending (including my son who only eats toast if somebody else cooks it) would contribute a Yorkshire delicacy.

Roast beef and onion gravy in (home-made) yorkshire puddings, Fat Rascals, Yorkshire Curd Tart, Parkin, Yorkshire Tea (I was driving) and other stuff like cheese scones etc.

Very, very nice.

All that was missing was Whitby cod and chips (from Siggy's), patties from Stokesley, savoury ducks and carlins. Next year, maybe.
What is a Fat Rascal, if I might enquire?

Latest Threads