Fate of U.S. Copter Crew in Iraq Unknown.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Apr 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060402/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq;_ylt=ApWoenlUKa4xezfafAiVxTus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

God save them! Let's pray...

All such visits are 'surprises' so the this word is redundant.

As for international impatience then I don't remember that Russia, china or India made statements about their 'impatience'.
  2. Well the link says the were killed in the crash and the apache was probably shot down rip fellas .Bit worrying that the insurgents can take out apache .Though i guess it depends how they did it .
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

If you remember last year the US Marines found several caches of ground to air missles in the W - modern ones too. I dare say there are more kicking around the insurgency groups now.

Hope the Yanks are learning the need to operate all helis in pairs as min- more threat and therefore better survivability.

4. The tango's have developed a couple forms of IED's capable of taking out a low flying helicopter.
  5. 307

307 War Hero

In Telic 1 didn't some Iraqi claim to have disabled an apache forcing it to land with a rifle?
  6. Yes, never underestimate the potency of the 1918 Mauser in the AA role.
  7. The two pilots of the Apache were killed. Next of kin are being notified.