Fat troops exposed...

Was he Polish or did he mis-remember VP? I have no idea what advice he was trying to pass on....
If your height is equal to twice your waist measurement, you're about right, if your height is less than twice your waist, you need to 'move' a lot more. it's a good rule of thumb.

The one that the Daily Fail claim is in the "Scottish Division" as actually an ACF instructor. Clearly they haven't done their homework at all...
And that's one of the worst gripes I have about being a sea cadet instructor in my spare time!

I know many instructors that have a wealth of knowledge that they pass on to the kids, but for one reason or another they never served themselves. I know for some this will be a medical reason and that may affect their physical fitness, but (personally) I think if you want to volunteer to be a uniformed instructor, you should be presenting a smart appearance that reflects well on the services, otherwise be a non-uniformed instructor.

Case in point was THAT Air Cadets VTR officer in RAF parade uniform that always does the rounds now and then.

And that's one of the worst gripes I have about being a sea cadet instructor in my spare time!

I know many instructors that have a wealth of knowledge that they pass on to the kids, but for one reason or another they never served themselves. I know for some this will be a medical reason and that may affect their physical fitness, but (personally) I think if you want to volunteer to be a uniformed instructor, you should be presenting a smart appearance that reflects well on the services, otherwise be a non-uniformed instructor.

Case in point was THAT Air Cadets VTR officer in RAF parade uniform that always does the rounds now and then.
You can have a fat **** of an instructor or you can have no one.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
You can have a fat **** of an instructor or you can have no one.
True, but you can decide between having Uniformed and Civilian instructors.
Perhaps a look at the US Auxiliary services would help sort your issues...

US Air Force Auxiliary Seniors only wear US Air Force style uniforms if they meet weight and grooming requirements, otherwise they my wear distinct Civil Air Patrol uniforms. Blazer with CAP insignia instead of USAF Style uniforms, or CAP Safety Orange Fire Proof flight suits instead of USAF Green.

US Coast Guard Auxiliary must meet weight and grooming requirements to wear "Coast Guard" uniforms, and meet physical fitness standards to work with "Regular" Coast Guard Crews on certain "Real" duties. There is also a distinct CG Aux civilian uniform for those that can not or do not wish to meet standards, as well as limits to job areas they can attend.

True, but you can decide between having Uniformed and Civilian instructors.
Probably defeats the object of them being in the cadets and not a normal youth club. It's also not practical when they are in the field.
While I dislike chubsters cadet instructors are civvies and there isnt much the MOD can do to stop them being chubsters.

Agreed NM. I'm an ACF instructor in my (limited) spare time, and totally agree that while someone may be an excellent instructor, we're also role-models shaping the cadets and the general public's opinion of the services by wearing the same uniform, and that the perception of someone not able to wear that uniform properly due to their size can be detrimental.

If that's the case, then the non-uniformed route might be more appropriate.

Thaaaat's nothing!

I still have the tie I wore at my wedding in 1972 and it still fits!
My birthday suit still fits - trouble is it used to cling like spandex but lately it seems to have picked up a few wrinkles and it sags a bit here and there... :-(

MY UNIT, 1st Battalion The Royal Irish Regiment, used to go on a weekly afternoon run called the Friday Frolic. Anyone under 30 who finished behind me would be summoned to appear in front of me for disciplinary measures an hour later. It is hard to imagine now.
Friday afternoon in the CO’s office, I bet morale was through the roof :D

Agreed NM. I'm an ACF instructor in my (limited) spare time, and totally agree that while someone may be an excellent instructor, we're also role-models shaping the cadets and the general public's opinion of the services by wearing the same uniform, and that the perception of someone not able to wear that uniform properly due to their size can be detrimental.

If that's the case, then the non-uniformed route might be more appropriate.
It’s a difficult one to deal with. Without a doubt we can’t afford to lose a single cadet instructor, and taking away the uniform would probably damage a few delicate ego’s. Maybe they need a PT instructor that must pass his tests as part of his TORs?

Can I just interject that the management that fed me for 12 years also had to buy the cheapest they could.
The ACC then turned that into the best they could.
We looked forward to the food put in front of us
Anyone disagree who served mid 70-80's ?

ACC ("We Sustain"), now your talking. Irons in hand, strolling to the cookhouse and knowing there would be a well balanced tasty meal waiting for you.