Fat Tax

Doesn't have to be 'fatties' although I understand years of conditioning will lead people to that conclusion. There are a fair few 'healthy weight' peoples who's diets are so shockingly sh1t that they are at risk of all manner of conditions.

Ah, another "let's tax people healthy" idea.
Just like high tax on fags, and the incoming miniumum price on booze.

People will always find a way to pay for their vices.

I never hear any health nazis say "We must make healthier foods more affordable". I wonder why?
Well that's the thing, perhaps if all the crap was taxed healthy stuff could be subsidised to make it more affordible and attractive to get people to eat it?

Well that's the thing, perhaps if all the crap was taxed healthy stuff could be subsidised to make it more affordible and attractive to get people to eat it?
I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the racket that the flock of pigs are making, flying over my house.

The tax man is going to make it that I am so healthy that I never die. I won't live either.
Similar to the environmental taxes - you won't complain because it's good for you.

what no one is thinking about is that if we price burgers, fags and booze out of peoples lives our population of fat wasters are going to live a lot longer.

what no one is thinking about is that if we price burgers, fags and booze out of peoples lives our population of fat wasters are going to live a lot longer.
So they get tax payers money, by sorting out their health problems (obesity etc) and being paid benefits, or we tax their junk food and they become healthier and live longer, thus costing more in pensions and associated age related ill health.

Let them eat themselves to death as far as I'm concerned!

A modest proposal: job seekers paid to lurk as Jesters in Tesco and mock any porkers stacking their trolleys with pies.

My error, I was thinking along the lines of a Maccas meal being a lot cheaper than a healthy sandwich or salad for lunch when you're on the go.
How much is a Macca Meal?

Tuna and onion sandwich in most shops = about £1 - £1.50
Prepackaged salad = about £2 - £2.50
Prepackaged fruit x 2 portions = £1

i still firmly believe that the increase in obesity can be directly linked to efforts to stamp out bullying in schools in recent years.

So booze, fags and fatty food is very, very bad and should be taxed heavily to stop people using them.

Strange how the Government never actually proposes banning the things that are so awful, isn't it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Taffnp Travel 51
Ozduke The Intelligence Cell 18
in_the_cheapseats The Intelligence Cell 12