Fat Tax

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Count.Dracule, May 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I never hear any health nazis say "We must make healthier foods more affordable". I wonder why?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Doesn't have to be 'fatties' although I understand years of conditioning will lead people to that conclusion. There are a fair few 'healthy weight' peoples who's diets are so shockingly sh1t that they are at risk of all manner of conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ah, another "let's tax people healthy" idea.
    Just like high tax on fags, and the incoming miniumum price on booze.

People will always find a way to pay for their vices.

4. Healthier foods are affordable but the fat and the lazy are too idle to cook.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Well that's the thing, perhaps if all the crap was taxed healthy stuff could be subsidised to make it more affordible and attractive to get people to eat it?

6. I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the racket that the flock of pigs are making, flying over my house.

7. Don't tax the food, tax the fat bsatards. simples.

8. The tax man is going to make it that I am so healthy that I never die. I won't live either.
    Similar to the environmental taxes - you won't complain because it's good for you.

9. what no one is thinking about is that if we price burgers, fags and booze out of peoples lives our population of fat wasters are going to live a lot longer.

10. They are affordable. In fact, healthy eating is much cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  11. So they get tax payers money, by sorting out their health problems (obesity etc) and being paid benefits, or we tax their junk food and they become healthier and live longer, thus costing more in pensions and associated age related ill health.

Let them eat themselves to death as far as I'm concerned!

12. My error, I was thinking along the lines of a Maccas meal being a lot cheaper than a healthy sandwich or salad for lunch when you're on the go.

13. I have visions of cut price brocoli rotting on Tesco shelves as the pork pies sell out.

14. A modest proposal: job seekers paid to lurk as Jesters in Tesco and mock any porkers stacking their trolleys with pies.