Fat Splashers

Good first post, slop, you really are talking shite, cake.

So your saying that as a slop you could go out and lead a recce patrol, set up a VCP/OP, give a full set of orders, tab 20k with the bergan on your back (not the front bergen you no doubt have), etc, etc.

Remember, you may do a weeks worth of basic soldiering skills, this dont put you in any way in the same league as a grunt.

Even my doris can cook, can be that fecking hard!

E

error_unknown

cakenarse said:
the chef only recieves £1.80 to provide 3 meals a day
Is this true?!!!!!! Can't be true?
Chefs- I'm impressed! Very impressed! :D
Tony Bliar- Shame on you. I'm disgusted :evil:

1.80...bargain

Luxury, we had to make do with a cup of hot gravel, and a kicking before bedtime :D

lord flashheart you are talking shite, fat chefs are mostly a thing of the past, and the units ive been with the chefs out perform the majority of grunts on tabs and pt. my point in question is that having spent most of my time with infantry units and coming in the first 10 in all aspects of coy pt sessions says that i and most chefs are more than able to hold there own on pt. in answer to your question yes i can take out a recce patrol and give a set of orders, maybe not to the standard of and infantry nco but can do it none the same, how many grunts can set up a field kitchen and produce 3 meals a day to feed up to 50 men on there own NOT MANY. we all have our part to play so why the slops take such a slagging is beyond me, as when you are all on compo you moan like shit as you want a chef to cook you fresh rations, you all need to wake up and smell the coffee.

cakenarse said:
how many grunts can set up a field kitchen and produce 3 meals a day to feed up to 50 men on there own.
How many would want to?

Its a puffy job

Now make me an omlette you poncy ration asassin

Its not a grunts job to set up a field kitchen so it matters little. Youre mistaking Inf role and basic soldiering skills.

No more fat slop jockies? Yeah right.

Yes, Lobster, Salmon and a bit of caviar usually. You don't think I would actually eat any of your road kill?

Your all civvies now arent you?

Athough not totally a compliment to the fat splashers, I have to admit that when we could bin the dreaded MRE's and eat a meal prepared by the chefs it was outstanding. Even an egg banjo kicks the ring out of an mre after a wee while of eating the things.
My troop once had a chef who became nicknamed "all in bob" and although am a great lover of range stew, getting it served whilst on exercise for about 8 days on the trot led to a bit of discord amongst the lads, so the chef was educated into our way of thinking.... He turned out to be a star, the food he served was tops always hot and tasty.... Until the CO visited our loc one day then he disapeared to RHQ to widen his horizons or so they told us........Bas1ards..

for years and years weve knocked the slops for their grotty appearance (why do they all smoke?) and the state of the food they turn out, after all, if a surgeon performed to the same standard then he'd be done for manslaughter ala Dr Shipman (although he wasnt a surgeon), but boil my carrots, havent Sodexho shown us what a blessing the ACC really were.
The slops may have thrown some absolute slush onto our plates in the cookhouse, but out in the field (once you get past the Ratpack phase) they are stars.

Lads, honestly, you would moan if you were living in a 5* hotel. Just face facts the Chefs don't moan when you hit pot holes or other cars. They don't moan when you don't give them stuff from the stores or when the pay staff screw up their pay. They don't even moan when they've grafted their tits off for 6 months and then you expect them to do their end of tour party and miss out. Well like they say, if you can do better, then get some whites on and get in the kitchen. They can drive trucks but don't whine do they? You may also want to see what crap turns up from the suppliers, silk purses from sows ears eh? get a grip and give them a break. After all it may be one sausage for you at the front of teh cue, but it may be all the last bloke gets.

Oh and not the Offrs Mess don't always get the best Chef do they SNCOs?

I married a chef. Sorry - RLC chef. Could cook for 500 but not for two.

Glad he's gone!!!!

V

vespa

i ve had army food and its not always brilliant sometime there are some good uns but most is just egg fried or scrambled, bacon, fried bread etc im suprised the army didnt fall down with a heart attack en masse!
also they did shout at me once "OI! ONLY ONE EGG, SCRAMBLED OR FRIED EITHER, BUT STILL ONE FCUKING EGG!"

To all who have slagged the Chefs off in this thread and to all who defend them.

We chose to be Chefs and we chose to do the job we have, We put up with the conditions and abuse from others and do lots of other little jobs besides. But it is OUR choice, if chefs are not happy then they should do something about it or give up and leave the Army. Do they think they could get the same pay in civvy street or the same variety of work?

Not only is catering in civvy street boring and mundane due to suppliers like Brake Brothers etc and all thier convenience foods. The usual wage is at or only just above the basic minimum rate and the hours are just as long.

So to all who support us thank you and to all that slag us off who cares? if your still alive after the fro and you get to my hotplate I'll still have food for you and will serve it with a smile. (Not a fake one like Macdonalds)

I love what I do and wouldn't change my Job Except to maybe fly jets!!! :D

ah "chefs" gotta love em, Lurgan 1971, L/cpl "chef" winged the whole tour about being stuck behind the hotplate , did nothing but beg to be allowed out on a patrol, so end of tour coming up was granted his wish to be able to go out on a mobile, threw him in the back of a landrover told him to do nothing unless told , as we sped out of the "Knicker factory" at mach ten ( well as fast as we could :lol: ) sniper let loose bullet hit inside landrover richotchade(sp 8O ) of the inside into "chefs" left thigh .........................he never asked to come again , we couldnt understand why :?: ............seemed to love his place behind the hotplate on subsequent tours.

Lisburn chef circa 1995, never left the camp for the two years he served there except to go to and from the airport for leave. The last week of his tour, he took the plunge, and went into Belfast city centre shopping. Went into a record shop, queued at the til, and as soon as he spoke to the cashier, the gentleman behind him in the queue uttered something like 'brit basstard' and spat in his face and walked off !! Poor chef !

V

vespa

Gunny Highway said:
Lisburn chef circa 1995, never left the camp for the two years he served there except to go to and from the airport for leave. The last week of his tour, he took the plunge, and went into Belfast city centre shopping. Went into a record shop, queued at the til, and as soon as he spoke to the cashier, the gentleman behind him in the queue uttered something like 'brit basstard' and spat in his face and walked off !! Poor chef !
maybe he should offer the guy "salmonella burger" to eat :lol:

V

vespa

tigger_c/s_30 said:
ah "chefs" gotta love em, Lurgan 1971, L/cpl "chef" winged the whole tour about being stuck behind the hotplate , did nothing but beg to be allowed out on a patrol, so end of tour coming up was granted his wish to be able to go out on a mobile, threw him in the back of a landrover told him to do nothing unless told , as we sped out of the "Knicker factory" at mach ten ( well as fast as we could :lol: ) sniper let loose bullet hit inside landrover richotchade(sp 8O ) of the inside into "chefs" left thigh .........................he never asked to come again , we couldnt understand why :?: ............seemed to love his place behind the hotplate on subsequent tours.
it must be your sarcastic sense of humour that put him off not the bullet :lol: