Fat Soldiers in Uniform!

Should fat soldiers wear uniform in public?

• No

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 32 24.1%

• Total voters
After watching a wall of tightly stretched DPM wobble past my building the other day in the shape of a 20 stone (a conservative estimate) soldier barely able to squeeze into his uniform, it occured to me that surely there must come a point when allowing a soldier (sailor or airman) to walk around looking like a burst couch can no longer be tolerated. Controversial maybe, and yes, he might have had a 'gland problem', but it is an appalling advert for the Armed Forces. So if your BMI is over an acceptable limit how about losing the right to wear unform until you look like a serviceman again?

PISX: It was at a Phase2/3 training establishment with a number of other lodger units.
coxy93: I'm asking the questions here..what do you think? ;-)

PISX: It was at a Phase2/3 training establishment with a number of other lodger units.
coxy93: I'm asking the questions here..what do you think? ;-)
well, if their competant at their job whats the problem with looking like a brick outhouse. if their useless biffs then they shouldnt be in uniform anyway unless its a serious medical/ mental problem.

Put them on public display. Hopefully that way the system might realise that they need to give us some form of tool to deal with these overwieight wasters, most of who have a fabloned biff chit in their top pocket!

Many (many) years ago when my Dad was based in Dortmund with 12 AD Regt there was a guy in the unit, Big D**e F**ner, who despite being big around his belly often finished BFTs and CFTs first!

I know a Signals SNCO who has to have her trousers tailored, not because she is fat, but because her legs are too short for her waist. That was the reason she gave me anyway.

I used to find those fat blokes that had the big V sewn into the back of their lightweights really funny (BAOR late 80's). The tailoress must have known to sew a different colour and type of material in to make it stand out.

Fat fcuks in the TA are bad enough but in the Regs when its your full time job, its even worse. Doesnt matter what your role is........ its a matter of pride and self discipline to look after yourself a bit. The same goes for fat coppers!!