Fat persons due for benefit cut.

Westminster Council are proposing to link the size or your waist to the amount of benefits you get.

Linky

I thought this was something the ARRSE think tank proposed a while ago, but nice to see that something is being done. GPs would also be allowed to prescribe leisure activities like swimming and fitness classes and if you refuse to go then you will have your handouts cut.

Westminster Council are proposing to link the size or your waist to the amount of benefits you get.

Linky

I thought this was something the ARRSE think tank proposed a while ago, but nice to see that something is being done. GPs would also be allowed to prescribe leisure activities like swimming and fitness classes and if you refuse to go then you will have your handouts cut.
Woo Hoo! I'm rich!!!!!

Does it also apply to the civil serpents who hand the benefits out ? Otherwise claimants will simply complain of pots calling kettles black .

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

Linky

Gp's can ready send people to gyms and swimming baths, the fat people don't tend to go.

Is this just a small litmus test to see how it'll go down before we have NHS PLC and the insurance companies take over.

"What you've missed all your assigned gym classes and your diabetes is getting worse? Sorry but you've invalidated your health insurance, so therefore you are not covered for any treatment!"

Gp's can ready send people to gyms and swimming baths, the fat people don't tend to go.
Of course they don't. They are still waiting for the final and successful version of the miracle slimming pill that some tired tabloid runs a story about annually, thus enabling them to continue living off Iceland turkey twizzlers, takeaway pizza and some type of fried chicken derivative delivered to the doorstep by illegal immigrants, whilst playing the sims and watching Jeremy Kyle.

Is this just a small litmus test to see how it'll go down before we have NHS PLC and the insurance companies take over.

"What you've missed all your assigned gym classes and your diabetes is getting worse? Sorry but you've invalidated your health insurance, so therefore you are not covered for any treatment!"
very valid point

When the penny ******* drops and we are all paying for substandard access to health care.....

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

Strangely enough when you look through the medical records of an obese person or any unhealthy person you can see in chronological order how the conditions start stacking up.
A patient I saw maybe ten years ago was obese, his excuse was sausages were cheaper than lean meat and that was all he could afford, when I suggested he didn't have to eat meat at all, he wasn't impressed. Usual health promotion advice now of course he's diabetic, he's moved from a walking stick to a wheelchair to a scooter, has chronic kidney disease, COPD, hypertenstion, high cholesterol, you can just see where it will end - prematurely.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Of course they don't. They are still waiting for the final and successful version of the miracle slimming pill that some tired tabloid runs a story about annually, thus enabling them to continue living off Iceland turkey twizzlers, takeaway pizza and some type off fried chicken derivative delivered to the doorstep by illegal immigrants, whilst playing the sims and watching Jeremy Kyle.
The only people i've referred that go are the mentally ill and recovering addicts.

Probably not far from the truth.

Methinks that the zealots see a two tier medical system in the UK in the not too distant future.
A drastically cut back bare bones NHS system with penalties for 'non compliance with defined norms' - and private insurance providing the top up services.

Strangely enough when you look through the medical records of an obese person or any unhealthy person you can see in chronological order how the conditions start stacking up.
A patient I saw maybe ten years ago was obese, his excuse was sausages were cheaper than lean meat and that was all he could afford, when I suggested he didn't have to eat meat at all, he wasn't impressed. Usual health promotion advice now of course he's diabetic, he's moved from a walking stick to a wheelchair to a scooter, has chronic kidney disease, COPD, hypertenstion, high cholesterol, you can just see where it will end - prematurely.

Nah, the professional lard arses have just got the best news a Iceland customer can wish for!

Overweight people 'live longer' study claims - Health News - NHS Choices

The only people i've referred that go are the mentally ill and recovering addicts.
In all seriousness. There are going to have to be some tough decisions taken regarding obesity. According to the latest reports we are heading for 50% of the populace, with many of them being younger people. The prospects for the NHS being able to cope are rapidly diminishing. A sea change in policy and attitude will be necessary with many peoples lifestyle habits needing to be altered.

Jarrod , could you remind the audience how much this patient will have cost the taxpayer by the time they finally have the grace to expire of an overworked heart ? I bet it runs into the hundreds of thousands .

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
In all seriousness. There are going to have to be some tough decisions taken regarding obesity. According to the latest reports we are heading for 50% of the populace, with many of them being younger people. The prospects for the NHS being able to cope are rapidly diminishing. A sea change in policy and attitude will be necessary with many peoples lifestyle habits needing to be altered.
Get tough on processed foods, fat, fast food and food additives, ready meals, reckon that'd be a good start.

Probably not far from the truth.

Methinks that the zealots see a two tier medical system in the UK in the not too distant future.
A drastically cut back bare bones NHS system with penalties for 'non compliance with defined norms' - and private insurance providing the top up services.
I have always believed that if you have private medical insurance then you should be allowed a tax break, this would allow some of the routine stuff being treated privately also after care when you have emergency surgery carried out under the NHS, or maybe an opt out for those that can afford full private medical insurance and care.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Jarrod , could you remind the audience how much this patient will have cost the taxpayer by the time they finally have the grace to expire of an overworked heart ? I bet it runs into the hundreds of thousands .
No idea how much they cost but I imagine NICE may know. Then I smoke and drink too much.