Fat cats

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, Mar 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Times 23 Feb this year.

2. Hmmm Not sure how exactly MPs salaries are linked to the Civil Service median - unless they multiply it by 4. (and x9 for Cabinet)

In the 70's an MP was paid the same as an Executive Officer, I believe.

I think an EO (or equivalent) now gets around £15k

Funny how the MPs all want to get rid of Civil Servants to drive down cost.. I don't remember any plans to downsize the House of Laughter though?

3. yeah - I've never heard of a poor ex-MP. They can also retire when they choose to - or take an LE commission in the House of Lords.

Thieving scum. I thought they were supposed to represent the will of the people - i.e. their respective constituents - but they're more likely to feather their nests withg taxpayers money, followed by lucrative (dodgy) contracts.

4. Ah, but you're interpreting the 'representative' element as a delegate role. I think you'll find that that the majority of MPs across the parties feel that they are representatives of their constituents in a "mother knows best" capacity... :roll: :evil:

5. overpaid and under-educated... most of the decisions that they make are to beniffit them and not the parish...

scrap it all and start again..