Faster discharge

I have a heard a rumour that there is a way that you can sign off and be out of the Army giving less than 12 months notice.

I know you can already apply to your unit CO etc but this is apparently a relatively new thing.

Can anybody point me towards some sort of documentation on this so I can see for myself and actually sound like I know what I'm talking about when I get asked?

Any help much appreciated.

MrH

JonnoJonno said:
More information is available from this site mate. My dad found them very helpful.

Military Legal Ltd
I've sorted out the link for you Jonno.

Sorry, you muppets must have not read between the lines. Any genuine help much appreciated. My mistake

MrHappy said:
Sorry, you muppets must have not read between the lines. Any genuine help much appreciated. My mistake
I did read between the lines, and seeing you claim to be senior clerk I thought it must be a windup. You're not very good at your job are you?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I had a quick discharge.

It ended up down my jeans.

No real surprise you have the oxygen thief tag. Ever have anything useful to say?

Technically, there is now a legal requirement for a notice period to be "reasonable" and there have been cases where notice periods in excess of 3 months have been ruled unenforceable (especially as there is rarely negotiation around these.)

Last time I checked, there had been no test case against the MOD (any of the services) but there is awareness in the darkest recesses of the hierarchy that they may well lose any such case therefore there is now a degree of flexibility, especially if you can show that you have a job to go to with a start date (although that'sa bit of a Catch-22) or another really good reason (spouse emigrating with children :) - although you may want to stay).

Hence it is done by individual negotiation ...

I'm not SPS and definitely not an RAO so I'll shut up now.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Geordie_Blerk said:
MrHappy said:
No real surprise you have the oxygen thief tag. Ever have anything useful to say?
Yes.

You are a male employed to do a woman's work - homo.
Whats wrong Geordie? been turned down by your fat bint of a Coy Clerk.

Just log on to JPA and click the 'Apply for early termination'. It then asks you when you want to get out, you put the date in, it goes up for authorisation and your off.

Simple really.