Fast track promotion for RLC movers

Discussion in 'Reports & Promotion' started by ILES, Feb 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long does it take to become lance jack after phase two for RLC movement controllers? as rank is needed to carry out the job.
  2. Minimum of 2 reports like every other trade in the Corps. Hate to tell you this but there are lots of Mov Con Ptes and plenty of jobs for them.
  3. Thanks for your reply, can you go into further detail on what 2 reports consist of and how long each report takes if that makes sense. Don't hate to tell me mate cheers for setting it straight.
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Each report is annual. So a minimum of two years, and that will depend upon how well you perform/are written up.
  5. I believe the average promotion speed from Pte - LCpl for movers is 5.4 years from day one week one.
  6. Cheers for the replies guys you have given me a clearer understanding. 5.4 years seems a long wait to be on the wage/level of a private but I will apply myself fully, work hard and hope for promotion as quickly as I can obtain it
  7. If you are good at your job, keep your nose clean, do extra-curricular activities (they don't want much do they!!?) and are seen to do so by the right people, you will promote on time if not quickly. But sometimes its a case of "face fits" and how fierce the competition is in your unit. Its a big lottery I reckon!
  8. Used to be a standing joke in my old Regt that you could be shit at your job, but organise a car boot sale or coffee morning and you were high flying on the promotion prospects. All the senior ranks were at it and in competition with each other.
  9. Thanks again for your replies guys and girl, reinstalled a few thoughts I had myself.. The old saying not what you know but who you know comes to mind, I'm far from an arse licker and would never allow myself to be but Im confident in myself and like I said will press hard to get what I want without sounding shallow which is as much money as possible.
  10. Not every trade in the Corps.
  11. fast track and movers in the same sentance :D
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bloody hell, no need to rub it in!
  13. Just not at the same location.
  14. Hahaha!! Eh!? Are you even in yet? Just find a trade you like the look of and do it. You can't sit debating over pay levels and how long it'll take you to get promoted!
  15. Not in yet no phase 1 in april, I have found a trade I like the look of that I am going to do. Im not debating over anything simply stating facts and the reason I made the comment about pay is because I am going to be start on a lesser wage than my current civvy job obviously I want to gain promotion..