Fast ball plumbing question - blanking plug

Obviously the SIL has got fed up of being the default 'dishwasher' in the house and is now angling for assistance...

So it's time for yer brother to either stump up for a new dishwasher, a move which would sort the open pipe in an instant. On the other hand he could get the marigolds and a tea towel out something the SIL may also find favourable or he could just sort out the defective kitchen appliance he already has.... Although the kitchen appliance sorry SIL may not like that plan!
Refer to the post immediately above yours.

Slime

LE
Perfect! Cap Stop End. Proper trade words.

Ta muchly.
Mine were proper trade words too, you just didn’t appreciate it :)

Now to properly finish the job you need to rip out the W/m adapter trap and put one in that fits properly, and gets the sink outlet at the correct fall angle...............about 1 in 17 will do ;)

Take a carrier bag, fold in in two, cut out a circle bigger than the screw on part you are pointing at, then stick it over the end of the open pipe and screw the collar back on.
Put a coin between two layers of plastic.
CFB

Slime

LE
Put a coin between two layers of plastic.
CFB
The funny thing is that I saw your reply in my email inbox before seeing this reply on ARRSE. I had wondered why you suggested what you did :)

A stop end won't be any better than a plastic disk stuck in the fitting you already have on there, there's usually one included in the trap kit anyway.

Latest Threads