Farewell to the Tornado tour 19-21 Feb 19

You do us down. Don't assume that all of the organisation was on the part of the Boxies. We're no slouches ourselves.

Them Italians, mind. ;-)
Rumour had it that the Italians supplied the wings, assembled with dry joints. Something about a chemical in the PRC that could otherwise have been extracted for the production of Heroin and not trusting the workforce in the Factory.
Removed a set of bearings in the wheels and found the edges of the outer race stamped with "Scania Trucks and a Scania part number" The Italians had added a few noughts to the price.

You said it in your final line. No one really noticed and thousands of pounds went down the drain. Money we can't afford.
In the round, given the billions that are wasted on wastrels, I'm content that those who knew, knew. And trust me, it was worth enough to those who did know.

It includes a good friend who was instrumental in developing doctrine for Tornado prior to service entry. Whom I roamed up and down the flight line with at RIAT last year, he having just come through cancer, the both of us having got up at 0500 to be there for the day to see the RAF centenary flypast that was cancelled due to rain. Selfishly, I wouldn't have missed a moment.

Or maybe the the RAF's centenary celebrations should have been cancelled.

Or the Trooping of the Colour each year, or the Diamond Jubilee a few years back... because, y'know, Lizzie knows she's been on the throne all that long.

It was a flight plan and a few tons of fuel. It was a significant part of the RAF's history - guys, whom, for all we take the piss out of them on here, do a ******* sterling job and have got many a squaddie's arse out of the shit.

I noticed and so did others.

In the round, given the billions that are wasted on wastrels, I'm content that those who knew, knew. And trust me, it was worth enough to those who did know.

It includes a good friend who was instrumental in developing doctrine for Tornado prior to service entry. Whom I roamed up and down the flight line with at RIAT last year, he having just come through cancer, the both of us having got up at 0500 to be there for the day to see the RAF centenary flypast that was cancelled due to rain. Selfishly, I wouldn't have missed a moment.

Or maybe the the RAF's centenary celebrations should have been cancelled.

Or the Trooping of the Colour each year, or the Diamond Jubilee a few years back... because, y'know, Lizzie knows she's been on the throne all that long.

It was a flight plan and a few tons of fuel. It was a significant part of the RAF's history - guys, whom, for all we take the piss out of them on here, do a ******* sterling job and have got many a squaddie's arse out of the shit.

I noticed and so did others.
Today was still simply a waste of money that we can not afford to squander on over emotional self indulgence. Shall we have a 200 vehicle cavalcade around the M25 when we stop using Land Rovers?

Today was still simply a waste of money that we can not afford to squander on over emotional self indulgence. Shall we have a 200 vehicle cavalcade around the M25 when we stop using Land Rovers?
No, we should get rid of all semblance of tradition. Everyone gets a potato. An extra slice of turnip at Christmas.*

*Other religious occasions are available.

M

Not coming across as very bright here Bob, so what is your point other than angry and insulting?
The dim and dumb one is you, making your inane points repeatedly when everyone else has pointed out that this is the end of an era and SHOULD be celebrated in an appropriate manner. I guess you never served so never had a need for pride in anything. Message Ends.

Sounded great as they passed overhead earlier.
I didn't get to see them, but the local tv news had a really good feature on the flypast, as well as interviews with those at Filton who were there to watch or celebrate the aircraft.
There was a good crowd at Filton there to see the flypast.

This is meant to be one of the serious parts of the site. I suggest you familiarise yourself with the standards expected.
In which case I refer you to your post #44.

Hoist, petard etc etc

I saw that too, while having a brew with colleagues...
We heard them before we saw them, looked out the window and saw the 'vic' heading away roughly in the direction of Abbey Wood.

You really are one miserable person.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Forces Pension Society Armed Forces Pension Scheme 0
Yokel Royal Navy 30
radarboy Aviation 7