Farce at Inquest?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mysteron, Jun 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Chaps,

I was telephoned by a non-military friend an hour ago saying that Radio 5 (at about 16:45 ish) ran a story about the inquest into the Blue on Blue in Iraq 2003. Allegedly, it is has got a little messy as it appears that some things were not prepared properly. I can't find anything.

Whilst I appreciate that this is a grisly subject - I know some of those involved and am interested to hear what was said. Did anyone listen to it? If so, could you supply a brief synopsis please. Thanks in advance.

2. mysteron

Thanks Gundolph - apparently the radio piece stated that the whole thing went t!ts up and lots of people were upset. By reading the article, it maybe that the MoD piece maybe the the link.

If anyone knows anything else, I would be grateful.

Edited for being a typing mong.

3. Well, post on our site and ask there. Might get an answer, but what do you want to know and why if i may ask.

4. mysteron

I am keen to know what happened today because, as I said, I know people who are involved. As I am no longer serving, I do not have quite as good as network to find out. Check your PMs.

5. If i remember back to the time this happened, it was reported there was also a sand storm blowing at the same time. One of the tanks was out of it's area and when the shape loomed out of the dust the other tank fired. It was at a time when there was still Iraqi armour knocking about.

6. Myst, thanks and replied too.

7. Idle speculation I am afraid. You recall incorrectly. Let's leave it to the inquest eh?

8. Myst you have mail, and Dogmonkey thanks.

9. mysteron

Scar - got it. Thanks.

DogMonkey - thanks to you as well. All I asked was to find out what happened today not at the time.