Farage Tirade agaisnt EU President

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by harareboy99, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC

Well said Mr.Farage.

Has made up my mind that UKIP, and not the boy Daves limp wristed Torys, are the party for me when the election comes.

edit: Bad grammar.
  2. He would have done better to avoid the personal insults.

But good on him, they don't like it up 'em.

3. Factually accurate comments… :D
  4. Heard it. Bloody good show! So sad that so called 'important' politicians do not follow his lead!
  5. And!!

Can't be done for telling the truth except perhaps in a marxist beaurocracy - BUGGER!!!
  6. Really? Nobody else here think that Farage and his party can't have much in the cupboard if their best tactic is abuse?
  7. That's why I said he should have laid off the insults, he has a good point and came across well otherwise.

A bloke no-one knows and no-one elected is one of the most powerful men in the world.
  8. Yes he comes from that non-country which stood along side us through two world wars - and got a kicking both times for their troubles. Those bloody uppity Belgians, eh? They should have stayed part of somebody else's country eh?
  9. Agreed. I cannot work out what Mr Farage was thinking - if anything...!

The English language has several ways in which carefully crafted insults could have been delivered - and no-one in the EU would have realised they were insults until days later when they were explained in the UK broadsheets!!

Perhaps I should start a thread titled "What should Mr Farage have called the EU President?"

10. His audience was in this country.
  11. Yep. The non-country thing was cringe-making.
  12. What point? Take away the insults and what is left?

But if that is the level we're stooping to: Farage is a gobby, middle (seagull) manager at best. Bereft of any ideas or intelligence, he has only achieved anything on the back of his parents' wealth and the gullibility and ignorance of little-Englanders.
    He's a slimy, self-serving, hypocritical, treasonous oaf. One of the breed that is trying its hardest to turn Britain into a non-country.
  13. Absolutement Mes Amis..... I hear this on the car radio.... well said Sir. Who is this monsieur...... more of these barrackings from UK MEPs.... and one can see the UK being asked leave the EUSSR Land.... :?

Hopefully....... :p
  14. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

This man is a representative of the UK?

Gawd help us.

Ottar is bang on here. The thing is a rude, gobby tosser - nothing more.

Daft thing is I doubt if he thinks he is out of line. All he has done is alienate himself from any reasonable (and possibly sympathetic) politician in the chamber.

He now has no power to influence and has no role other than to shock. What a waste of a national position.