Farage...The next PM?

rifleair

War Hero
But, my dear chap, nobody is claiming that Remain is somehow "the will of the people ".

Frequently, though, the inaccurate statement "a majority of the British people want Brexit ", or words to that effect, are used.

My post is an attempt to explain why that is at best clumsy language.

At worst, it distorts the truth for political ends.

We have a democratic mandate for Brexit.

A majority of the electorate did not vote for Brexit.
No, if you don't vote, you're not part of the electorate.

The "dumb" icon is there for a reason.
Every post on its merits.
If it angers you, ask a Mod to remove it.
Load of bollocks. HTH.
It doesn't anger me at all, I'm just pointing out your general weakness and intolerance.

Careful of the arguments you make, they can bite you.
As Farage should know. 48/52 unfinished business and all that.

The claim that it's spurious, is itself spurious, otherwise the system falls down & we get the kind of bullshit we've seen for the past three years.
Thus democracy falls...
You'll have a link to it then? You didn't last time I asked.

Our present situation does indeed come about from people voting for the the bullshit they were promised, only for the arguments to be changed post referendum. If Farage was now campaigning for a Norwegian or Swedish option, something he thought was a good thing pr referendum, he'd have my tacit, if grudging, support.

You know nurse only allows you one a day - delusion or perversion, and you've already been given the penguin and the gallon of whipped cream.

You can have the Farage delusion tomorrow if you're good and don't bite anyone.

I've got to stop listening to old Goon Shows.
You've deffo had more than a sniff of the barmaid's apron. Farage's still a ****. HTH

Context, you say.

Unh hunh.

Then let's try a simple one: do you genuinely believe that 'Leave' voters are, by definition, 'Nazis'?
Get back to me when you know the context of my post. That's it. Once you do, I'll answer your Q.

Indeed, a monumentally stupid thing to say and disrespectful of democracy; irrespective of which side says it.
It was correct though, if the nation is more or less split you're going to get unhappy people. The main reason I've been against a second referendum since the result. Regardless of the result the difference would be much the same.

Which still leaves a divided nation.

You'll have a link to it then? You didn't last time I asked.

Our present situation does indeed come about from people voting for the the bullshit they were promised, only for the arguments to be changed post referendum. If Farage was now campaigning for a Norwegian or Swedish option, something he thought was a good thing pr referendum, he'd have my tacit, if grudging, support.
I can't agree with that. Whilst it may be true for some people, on both sides of the argument, it was a steadily growing groundswell of opinion that led to the referendum in the first place. The people that wanted to leave the EU mainly did so well before any leave/remain referendum campaigning began. This is equally true of remainers. They were happy to stay in the EU and as we were already in the EU didn't need to make a noise about it whilst the status quo was maintained. Most people knew what they wanted.

It was only when the referendum was offered and the campaigning began that the crappy straplines on the sides of buses and Project Fear remarks came out. Politicians rely on sound bites to try and get their message across and it is typically those who have little or no interest in politics that fall for it.

That is a very dangerous argument to use, and those on the left should be very wary of espousing it. To put it simply:

"the majority of the people in the UK are not in favour of changing the governing party"

Careful of the arguments you make, they can bite you.
Precisely what I'm saying.

37:34:29 (approx) is certainly a win for the 37, but absolutely not a firm basis for triumphalism or absolutism.

The context of your posts passim are quite clear to me: you are firmly of the belief that a 'Leave' vote equated to 'Nazis'.

Will you confirm or deny that?

Please show your working out.
Stop making shit up champ. As I've told you, and I'll tell you again since you appear to not have the full shilling, get back to me when you know the context of the post you quoted. Is it too hard? Easier to make stuff up?

No more than any other political cock slurper. You're describing ice as being somewhat less than warm.
Fair point, to a degree, the degree being that none the others have created UKIP and then ran away.

rifleair

War Hero

Latest Threads