Farage...The next PM?

A strange logic indeed.

If enough eligible voters who would normally vote Conservative don't vote /deliberately spoil their papers (because they feel let down by the party) and thus deprive the party of its majority you are saying those members of the electorate just don't matter? Quite a lot members of the electorate chose to spoil their papers (no vote) in the recent local elections - do those people registering a protest not matter

It is an eligible voter's democratic right to choose not to vote.
I would class a spoiled ballot as a vote for none of the above as they are counted.

Staying in bed is not a vote and does not get counted.

The claim that it's spurious, is itself spurious, otherwise the system falls down & we get the kind of bullshit we've seen for the past three years.
Thus democracy falls...
No doubt there is something to give definition or credence to the claim?

If you can't be arsed to vote, it is presumed quite simply that you can't be arsed to vote. Not that you are specifically agreeing or disagreeing with anything.

The notion that non voters should be counted as Leavers is as ludicrous as the Baglockian Notion that says non voters were perfectly happy with the status quo and thus Remain won by one hundred and Abbot percent.

There must be some document to support the 'democracy is based on presumed consent' claim?

I would class a spoiled ballot as a vote for none of the above as they are counted.

Staying in bed is not a vote and does not get counted.
But staying in bed and not voting is the democratic right of every single member of the electorate.

Fudging terminology to suit whatever stance you are taking is never going to work. A spoiled paper is not a vote regardless of what you want to call it. An eligible voter is a member of the electorate whether or not they choose to vote.

I agree that being too lazy to vote takes away the right (but sadly, not the ability) to whinge about the outcome. That at least is common ground.

No doubt there is something to give definition or credence to the claim?

If you can't be arsed to vote, it is presumed quite simply that you can't be arsed to vote. Not that you are specifically agreeing or disagreeing with anything.

The notion that non voters should be counted as Leavers is as ludicrous as the Baglockian Notion that says non voters were perfectly happy with the status quo and thus Remain won by one hundred and Abbot percent.

There must be some document to support the 'democracy is based on presumed consent' claim?
The presumption is that those who can't be arrsed voting are happy with the outcome, whichever way it turns.
IIRC it goes back to our oh so superior "unwritten constitution" & the machinations around the introduction of the 1689 Bill of Rights.

The presumption is that those who can't be arrsed voting are happy with the outcome, whichever way it turns.
IIRC it goes back to our oh so superior "unwritten constitution" & the machinations around the introduction of the 1689 Bill of Rights.
Time for some kip but as a passing thought... when I google ’electoral presumed consent UK' or 'is UK democracy based on presumed consent', google returns nothing even vaguely relevant whatsoever. Lots of stuff about presumed consent for organ donations but nothing about democracy based on presumed consent.

Some institution or other outside of Arrse must have thoughts or theories about such a thing if it exists.

Rather a telling statement. . .
EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker says the EU "failed" by not getting involved in the UK's 2016 referendum, won by the pro-Brexit camp.

"Here we failed, because we didn't adopt the position that was necessary. Abstention is not a position," he told the German public broadcaster ARD.

When asked if the EU should have "interfered" more in the UK referendum on EU membership he said "yes".

EU 'failed' over UK's Brexit vote, says Juncker
I saw that and was going to post it myself but when I went back to the article I noticed it had been edited to remove the comment about interfering in the UK's referendum.

The question is: why does the BBC feel the need to remove a comment by the EU President about interfering in the UK's sovereign political processes? It's almost as if the EU feels it should determine how we vote and the Beeb doesn't want us to know about it.

Furthermore; the Beeb's article goes on to report Junker as saying
"Nobody listens to me in Britain anyway. They should, but they don't. There was nobody in Britain who confronted the lie with the incontrovertible truth," he said.
My bold. The arrogant bastard believes that we should be doing what he tells us because he is right and we are wrong.

So, from the EU President, to paraphrase, 'do as I tell you and vote how I want you to vote'. Sounds a bit like a dictator to me.

Fortunately other news sources have retained this quote which the BBC decided to remove. Anyone could be forgiven for believing the Beeb could be biased and have a pro-EU agenda. Surely not!

London Globe - When asked if the EU should have “interfered” more in the UK referendum on EU membership he said “yes”.

The Worldwide News - EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker says the EU “failed” by not getting involved in the UK’s 2016 referendum, won by the pro-Brexit camp.

I wish it wasn't true. Really.
You know nurse only allows you one a day - delusion or perversion, and you've already been given the penguin and the gallon of whipped cream.

You can have the Farage delusion tomorrow if you're good and don't bite anyone.

I've got to stop listening to old Goon Shows.

My bold. The arrogant bastard believes that we should be doing what he tells us because he is right and we are wrong.

So, from the EU President, to paraphrase, 'do as I tell you and vote how I want you to vote'. Sounds a bit like a dictator to me.
The prevalent thought process throughout the European Commission, from Juncker down is:

The Commission is not answerable to Member States. Member States are answerable to the Commission
Google is your friend

You are happy about british workers loosing out in the job market are you?
I thought protectionism was a dirty word for brexitears?

Until companies realise that a lot of the people from *insert country here* degree factories haven't a clue what they are doing about, and the lot from *insert fairly obvious country here* are looting intellectual property.

They they can hire people who do know what they are doing to put it right.....
Agreed. Aerospace companies have been trying to outsource to India for the past couple of decades. A lot of the time the cost of correcting work sent there wipes out the savings made in cheaper labour.

I'm sure the capability will improve over the coming decades, but it's just not there yet

But staying in bed and not voting is the democratic right of every single member of the electorate.
It is absolutely a right. However you are actively removing yourself from the democratic decision and therefore delegating the decision to those who do take part, effectively "you decide, I don't know/can't be bothered".

Agreed. Aerospace companies have been trying to outsource to India for the past couple of decades. A lot of the time the cost of correcting work sent there wipes out the savings made in cheaper labour.

I'm sure the capability will improve over the coming decades, but it's just not there yet
I blame Brexit.

And time travel.

rifleair

War Hero
i think that its about time we had a general election. this government is only hanging on to their seats by ignoring the voters will.
That's just your opinion, mine is that they haven't yet done that which they were elected to do.
Therefore they don't get to go until it's done.

rifleair

War Hero
Now, go back and read it and tell us where he is a leaver or as you said, a 'Eurosceptic'.
With every post you make, you convince me you're a bit speshul.
I just did and I found................. NOTHING!

rifleair

War Hero
Far right groups like Golden Dawn are eurosceptic. Also why would Farage pose in front of a poster of brown people and talk about immgiration if it wasn’t to mobilise racist nationalists.
Maybe because at the time Merkel had just let over a million of them into the EU without asking any other member state if she could!

Latest Threads