Farage...The next PM?

Bursary's don't happen for under-grad Nurses, Midwives or Paramedics. You pay the uni fee's like everyone else.

Also the NHS can't tie you in for anything and they contribute virtually nothing towards your training.

I've a friends daughter who's a Trainee Paramedic up in the Midlands. I asked her the last time I saw her if she had gone out on the road and interestingly done her blue light driving course. She said she had gone out, but didn't have the £800 it costs to do the course.

So for the time being, she's a passenger until she can afford otherwise
WTF? You mean Trainee Paramedics have to pay to do a course for what is an essential part of their job? What kinda bullshït is that?

Isn’t / wasn’t it much the same with Plod? Anybody wanting an interview to join had to have paid for and completed the basic training course. That was just for an interview: no guaranteed position.
I didn't really think about that tbh mate. You raise a valid point though.

WTF? You mean Trainee Paramedics have to pay to do a course for what is an essential part of their job? What kinda bullshït is that?
I've just looked what is required. To do the Blue light Trg, you need a Cat C1 licence, as most Ambulances fall into this category. The NHS/Uni won't pay for this, so you have to get the C1 yourself before you can drive on the course.

This is the catch 22. No C1, no blue light driver training. No blue light training, effectively no job when you qualify.

I didn't really think about that tbh mate. You raise a valid point though.
Don’t get me wrong, that should not be the case.
My lad made it to the last 20 for the final Met graduate-entry. He wasn’t selected, and was then told he could apply as a non-graduate, but would have to pay for the course before going for another interview.
He literally told them to ram it.
BTW this was after Crapita had royally fecked him around with his RMAS application for over a year, which then put him in the danger zone for age on entry (at the time - 2012/13).

Bursary's don't happen for under-grad Nurses, Midwives or Paramedics. You pay the uni fee's like everyone else.

Also the NHS can't tie you in for anything as they contribute virtually nothing towards your training.
That was my point: go back to the state where the NHS provides the training but make it conditional on a return of service.

Isn’t / wasn’t it much the same with Plod? Anybody wanting an interview to join had to have paid for and completed the basic training course. That was just for an interview: no guaranteed position.
Something about some new-fangled "College of Policing," or something.

Sounds like another jobs-for-the-boys quango to me.

I remember saying to the young man at the time “that means they’re closing Hendon and selling it off, but it hasn’t been announced yet”.
It wasn’t so much a quango, but it was definitely jobs for the boys.
IIRC it was brought in by ACPO and, initially, there were a limited number of training providers, all of whom were - surprise, surprise - retired senior coppers.

Can you confirm what is behind Theresa May, David Cameron, Gordon Broon and the blessed Tony ?? I would state that behind the bluff and bluster you would be hard pressed to find any politician who cares about anything but power.
If the answer isn't 'cake and arse', 'panto' or 'wait and see' the question is too complex and thus, too difficult for Brother BL.

Please rephrase your question such that the correct answer is unambiguously one of the three options listed above.

College of Policing is often referred to as "Early Learning Policing" or "Collapse of Policing"....

Draw your own conclusions.

They got flamed for this

I don't know how we ever survived without them. Certainly my perception was it was an ivory tower for the career hungry.

They are so widely ridiculed you can even buy mugs

If you're never getting promoted 'cos your face doesn't fit, and you're not going to stay long enough since they screwed the pension - you may as well laugh.

Ho2331 said:
Exactly this. I've said this nearly word for word on at least three different occasions now, others more than me.

We do not care that you call us 'gammon' or racist little englanders

That is all.

Some of us are racist little schottlanders, and some of us don't give a feck too! I'm with you.

Just to show not all sweaties are biased. Or did I show it by pointing out I'm not a racist little englander? Viva la difference!! Oh wait...feck it, forget it.

And some of us are racist little taffs as well, especially when it comes to Rugby, but most agree that we are British & proud of that fact and NOT European, who we have had to fight for, against & in, twice in the last 100 years or so costing us £trillions & more importantly, millions of lost & damaged men, women & children. If any bill has to be paid for Brexit, it should be by the European countries who we helped defeat & liberate. IMHO they could never find enough cash to do it, perhaps it is the constant reminder in many of these bullying Europeans which makes them so vindictive, as they have such an inferiority complex, being continually reminded that we, along with belated help from the USA, stopped them from becoming Adolf's slaves.

Wouldn't the solution be to simply apply the regulations and only allow in those who contribute and who the UK needs, rather than the unfettered and weak kneed policy of allowing in all and then trying to winnow out the wastrels, parasites and nett takers? It's not like many don't just drop off the radar if there's the slightest chance of being deported.

Ah, but that would be real common sense, which seems sadly lacking in much/most of our establishment, especially politicians. As we have seen certain parties deliberately pander to certain ethnicities & religions, as its where they're power base now lies , them having disillusioned their traditional core voters with their moronic & criminal immigration policies"!

That was my point: go back to the state where the NHS provides the training but make it conditional on a return of service.
It could work but what are the implications if you don't fulfil your contractual obligations and bugger off to Oz or NZ anyway? Will the NHS chase offenders around the world to collect the money?

Also as I've mentioned on here before, along with others, there's a high number of nurses and Midwives who qualify and never ever practice. Tying them into a contract leads to a miserable unmotivated group of staff