Farage...The next PM?

Kaiser Permanante. Who have been invited into the DofH five times in the last 2 years in talks with Hunt. View attachment 393189
Can't see why anyone's surprised at this, it was always the agenda of Hunt, Carswell, Gove and Hannan. I've only been telling them for three years mind.

Jeremy Hunt co-authored a policy pamphlet that called for the NHS to be replaced by an insurance system.

The 2005 policy book, called Direct Democracy: An Agenda For A New Model Party, was a collection of writings authored by a group of Tory MPs.

Jeremy Hunt co-authored book calling for NHS to be replaced with private insurance

Hannan tactically withdrew his support after this disastrous episode, he had his fingers crossed I reckon.

They aren't. But all racists are brexiteers.
I would suggest for example the chaps who daubed a swastika on Lance Forman's smokehouse/restaurant the other day when he announced he was running for the Brexit Party might be a little bit racist. Unless you consider painting swastikas on Jewish owned businesses as not racist?

Exactly this. I've said this nearly word for word on at least three different occasions now, others more than me.

We do not care that you call us 'gammon' or racist little englanders

That is all.
Some of us are racist little schottlanders, and some of us don't give a feck too! I'm with you.

Just to show not all sweaties are biased. Or did I show it by pointing out I'm not a racist little englander? Viva la difference!! Oh wait...feck it, forget it.

Second leaflet from the Brexit party just arrived. They are certainly working hard.

Edit to add - it's different from the first one.
First one was delivered to every house nationally by the Royal Mail*, second's delivered by volunteers. There may well be a third.

*And it cost nowhere near the £9 million charged for printing & delivering TCC's taxpayer funded, pro EU missive in 2016...

I did not claim that immigrants make a net contribution. You did. I am saying it is not immigrants that will destroy the NHS.
If it wasn't for immigration, the NHS would fail catastrophically and almost overnight (quite literally).

The issue I have with the immigration policy, is the inequality of it. I'll use nurses as an example because they're probably the largest group, but other professions also apply. A nurse from an EU country has an absolute right to move to and apply for work. A nurse from Australia, India, NZ, Canada et al, does not have that right. These are highly skilled healthcare professionals who come from commonwealth countries and are historically linked to the UK, but they're not given the same courtesy as someone from the EU. That's what I object to.

We need these people. The NHS will fail without them. Level the playing field.

As a thought, one of the places I work, is one of the most prominent university teaching hospitals in the UK and possibly even the EU. I'd love to get everyone that is not a UK national or who has been nationalised through immigration, to step outside and then get a drone photo of them all. There would be thousands of staff there, and would graphically demonstrate just how utterly reliant the NHS is on foreign staff.

Paradoxically, I really object to those that come in and do noting more than sell Big Issues, or 'travellers' from Ireland who do what they do best. Or those with significant criminal pasts that set up shop in the UK.

Now I realise that those that I object to, only represent a tiny proportion of the bad apples in the entire barrel, but those bad apples, use up a disproportionately high amount of our limited resources. They just taint the rest of the barrel, and this buys into the extreme right wing mantra that all immigration is bad, which is an obscene adulteration of the truth, and demeans the hard work of those that we need to be here.

Last edited:
The issue I have with the immigration policy, is the inequality of it. I'll use nurses as an example because they're probably the largest group, but other professions also apply. A nurse from an EU country has an absolute right to move to and apply for work. A nurse from Australia, India, NZ, Canada et al, does not have that right. These are highly skilled healthcare professionals who come from commonwealth countries and are historically linked to the UK, but they're not given the same courtesy as someone from the EU. That's what I object to.
Given the number of our nurses that complete training and then FO to Oz, NZ and Canada because the pay and conditions are better it's unlikely that nurses from those countries are in any hurry to come here to work for the NHS, by and large.

Perhaps writing into the terms of bursary schemes and so on something along the lines of, "We've paid for your quals and provided your training; now you have to give us ten years of service before you can resign and move on," would go some way towards resolving the issue.

Given the regard that UK medical quals are given around the world it shouldn't be too much of a disincentive. More like, "I'll have top quals so my move to Bondi and a better life is a given when my ten stretch is up. That tied time is an investment towards realising my dream."

Given the number of our nurses that complete training and then FO to Oz, NZ and Canada because the pay and conditions are better it's unlikely that nurses from those countries are in any hurry to come here to work for the NHS, by and large.

Perhaps writing into the terms of bursary schemes and so on something along the lines of, "We've paid for your quals and provided your training; now you have to give us ten years of service before you can resign and move on," would go some way towards resolving the issue.

Given the regard that UK medical quals are given around the world it shouldn't be too much of a disincentive. More like, "I'll have top quals so my move to Bondi and a better life is a given when my ten stretch is up. That tied time is an investment towards realising my dream."
Exactly.

That's a valid point. NHS training carries a great deal of weight on the world stage, and you're right to say that people train then leave. An example of this is with Paramedics. Foreign Paras were brought in, who didn't meet the requirements of the HCPC. They were then upskilled which took a couple of years, and having achieved registration, buggered off to much better paid work elsewhere. This is also not uncommon with nurses.

The bursary payback thing was, I believe, tried, but found to be unenforceable and maybe even unlawful. I'm not sure of the details, but I'm sure someone on here will.

My next-door neighbours are Saffers. The wife cannot get a job as a nurse, a job which she is qualified for and experienced in, because she has failed some bollocks English test, a test that EU citizens do not have to take.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
My next-door neighbours are Saffers. The wife cannot get a job as a nurse, a job which she is qualified for and experienced in, because she has failed some bollocks English test, a test that EU citizens do not have to take.
Yep, I've seen nurses from India desperately trying to pass the same test, despite having very good spoken and written English. As I said earlier, we need to level the playing field.

Alternative language test for overseas nurses set to be brought in 'within weeks'

Says here they are bringing in an alternative test thats more suited for EU citizens.

I think if the test for EU citizens is adequate to practise safely then they should change the non-EU test too.