Farage...The next PM?

Y'know this "dumb" button thing that @Oddbod and a few others keep breaking their rhythmic self-abuse to press?

I think, could be wrong, that the idea is to flag up when someone has posted something factually incorrect, or unsupported by evidence.

Pressing the "dumb" button on a post that is factually correct, or supported by evidence, just because you don't like those facts or feel that having your opinion invalidated will make your diminutive winky shrink still further, makes you look like a pointless clown.

Yes, you, @Oddbod but plenty others.

And I still think you're thick as pigshit.

Because they were teh(sic) government.

A government which implemented the EU Referendum without recourse to those 7Ps of yours in the specific area it really mattered.

Trying to palm the responsibility onto leavers is little more than mealy-mouthed sophistry.
They've had 3 years and still haven't managed to cobble together anything other than "No Deal" and finding different ways to name it. That Remain's fault as well?

Point of order... She wasn't elected by virtue of being unopposed. There was no leadership election in 2016. Probably as well for her as her track record with elections is demonstrably poor. (2017 GE refers)

The problem is the weasel words of Cameron and May... "we will honour the decision", "Brexit means Brexit" etc. If the electorate is told that by its government then it, the electorate, may reasonably have expected Brexit in some form or another following A50.

In the event, the pro Remain Government and Opposition (both with a clear Brexit means Brexit Election Manifesto) have made every effort (successfully to date) to thwart the majority decision that they undertook to uphold. Is it really any wonder that politics is gerfucken, the electorare's trust in politics and politicians is gerfucken and the incessant and increasingly bitter name calling is taking on an unstoppable life if its own.
You're forgetting the weasel words of the ERG types who are now, post referendum, redefining what leave means and have decided that second referendums are undemocratic.

My dude, There's any number of terribly funny points about Brexit and information I could could make there...

Thank you for your erudite, cogent & enlightening contribution.

Or not.

I recall you were whining about such drivel only recently in this or another Brexit related thread.

I do understand thanks. Passim alludes to scattered references which is a generic response, not one to the specific quote. Now, how many times do you need to be told that once you've told me the context of the post you're quoting I'll answer you.

If you're not up to it I'll understand but it's very clear who is evading and deflecting isn't it champ? Not I.
You do realise that further use of 'champ' blew any cred you may have had with the rest of the post, don't you.

. . . oh, and I have told you, multiple times now, that I believe that you're regular use of 'Nazis' and 'Leave' and/or 'Brexiteers' suggests an unhealthy conflation of Brexit and Nazi on your part.

That is the context. Will you now confirm or deny that view?

I thought it was the Abysmal_Loser but it's difficult to tell them apart. One tells lies and the other incessantly dribbles but beyond that, very little separates them.
Cheers champ, on the ball as ever.
Your use of made up silly names is side splittingly funny you know... did you ever think of a career in stand up comedy?

Niggel, Doris and you could fling in a few Bliars, LimpDems, Liabors etc... the comedy circuit needs you.

You do realise that further use of 'champ' blew any cred you may have had with the rest of the post, don't you.
Only in Italkabsolutebollix Land, where you appear to live.
. . oh, and I have told you, multiple times now, that I believe that you're regular use of 'Nazis' and 'Leave' and/or 'Brexiteers' suggests an unhealthy conflation of Brexit and Nazi on your part.
That'll be avoiding the question again. You're wrong as well but I'll deal with it when you get the context sorted.
That is the context. Will you now confirm or deny that view?
It isn't. Follow the message trail champ.

Only in Italkabsolutebollix Land, where you appear to live.That'll be avoiding the question again. You're wrong as well but I'll deal with it when you get the context sorted. It isn't. Follow the message trail champ.
Yet another delightful example of deflection, there.

As you seem to have got that off your chest, care to give me an answer?

I wait with little hope, though.

Yet another delightful example of deflection, there.

As you seem to have got that off your chest, care to give me an answer?

I wait with little hope, though.
You still haven't got the context right. You're avoiding answering the Q because you got it wrong. Follow the message trail.

You're forgetting the weasel words of the ERG types who are now, post referendum, redefining what leave means and have decided that second referendums are undemocratic.
Second referendums are undemocratic if you haven't implemented the first one, especially if you intend to change the question.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sure.
Didn't he head up UKIP for one or two years?
What are you alluding to in your post above "mostly fear and intimidation"
If the Conservatives didn't fear him and hi smovement and feel intimidated by him, why did they call the Refendendum? And use illega tactics against him in the GE?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Fascinating.

Do tell me more about their 7Ps and how we left the EU on 29 March.
There was no planning from anybody prior to the referendum other than a very vague end point. Nobody has a clue how to achieve their own particular end point but everybody knows how everyone else's is not the right one.

If there was any sort of planning from anybody we might just be out within the correct timescale.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So we all have grounds for suing their collective Arrses off for spunking £9 million on a Pro EU leaflet ?
Indeed, am still waiting for mine! :biggrin:

However that leaflet was 2016.

However since then I seem to recall the Conservatives were elected into Government in 2017 on a manifesto of Leave

If the Conservatives didn't fear him and hi smovement and feel intimidated by him, why did they call the Refendendum? And use illega tactics against him in the GE?
Because both sides of the HoC, the minor parties and the CS knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the electorate would return a resounding 'Remain' vote. Hence why Cameron was more than comfortable with setting the country on the path to referendum.

The shock at the contents of the ballot boxes was almost palpable throughout Whitehall, as there was no plan to deal with a 'No' vote.

The rest, as we know, is misery.

History.

I meant History.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In other words just like the current PM, the leader of the opposition, the Lib Dems, SNP etc etc etc?
Well technically the PM and the SNP can implement their slogans or at least some of them in their respective Parliaments.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm still waiting for someone making this "fractured leavers" claim to come up with:
a) some definitive examples of fundamental disagreements between Leave supporters that mean Leave isn't really what they want.
b) evidence that those wishing to remain in the EU are not also of differing opinions.
in response to a. there appears to be several diferent opinions on the type of deal we should have, seom Norway/Canada type to trying to maintain CU and SM, and probably teh biggest divide, those favouring an immediate no deal

b. have no idea but it does appera Remain means Remain to paraphrase a certain someone.