Farage...The next PM?

Your opinion. He achieved his objective of a referendum for the British and the result even went his way.

And then the losers had a little cry about it and set about dragging their heels and actively working against the will of the British people.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
And then the losers had a little cry about it and set about dragging their heels and actively working against the will of the British people.
You agree the 'winners' aren't doing especially well, I take it, given the lack of any sort of forward strategy.

You agree the 'winners' aren't doing especially well, I take it, given the lack of any sort of forward strategy.
The winners still have 8 weeks to go before getting their hands on the tiller.

Well, if you understand that the govt in power at the time who were meant to implement Brexit were against leaving the EU, the heel dragging and pretense of leaving with a deal that was effectively maintaining the status quo is not quite the fault of those who voted to leave.

rifleair

War Hero
Yeah, at the moment I do have a lot of time on my hands.

Now, you didn't state an opinion, you made a statement which was factually incorrect. I merely pointed that out to you, giving evidence as to why, and did so without malice, ad homs or insult. I wasn't having a dig but if you choose to believe that to be the case, well I can't help that.

So, what point were you trying to make, in your opinion?

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that if someone is registered and entitled to vote and chooses not to they have no right to complain at the result. By not voting they are passively accepting the result of the choices other people made.
I accept that it came across as a statement although it wasn't meant as such and I said that you appear to have a lot of time on your hands because of the amount of definitions you laid out, It was meant to be a bit amusing not insulting or malicious, however my opinion (a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge ) is pretty much the same as yours, only I went further to suggest that as well as passively accepting the vote they also took themselves out of the electorate.

You're taking self deprecation a little far, don't you think?

Ooh, I dunno.... I can never decide if I'm as thick as, slightly less thick than or indeed thicker than pigshit.

I waver on the matter.

Mr. Rifleair, on this occasion, came in very loud and clear, bang on the money. Thick as pigshit.

I accept that it came across as a statement although it wasn't meant as such and I said that you appear to have a lot of time on your hands because of the amount of definitions you laid out, It was meant to be a bit amusing not insulting or malicious, however my opinion (a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge ) is pretty much the same as yours, only I went further to suggest that as well as passively accepting the vote they also took themselves out of the electorate.

They didn't take themselves out of the electorate.

To do that, they needed to be elevated to the Peerage, jailed, or renounce their nationality.

As I understand it, his initial objective was to have a referendum to see how the British voter felt about remaining in the EU. Once that had been achieved he saw no further purpose in leading UKIP. Not hard to understand.
He's not daft. He knows it isn't easy and as I said, he's doing exactly the same now. If it was easy we'd be out now.

UKIP was already beginning to implode, he ran away to avoid the fallout.

AFAIK the referendum was his objective. Once the voters had done their thing the objective was achieved.

See posts 1990 and 1996 on this thread.
You beat me to it, and he still hasn't answered your question! Did the same to me when I asked him a question. Didn't answer it and threw a question at me. I returned the compliment by ignoring his question. Although, so far, I haven't used the ignore button, when someone ignores what I've said/asked, I again return the compliment. It makes for an easier experience, especially on ARRSE.

Well, if you understand that the govt in power at the time who were meant to implement Brexit were against leaving the EU, the heel dragging and pretense of leaving with a deal that was effectively maintaining the status quo is not quite the fault of those who voted to leave.
Which part of the government? The people in charge of Brexit were all Brexiteers, who ran away because it was too hard for them.

He's not daft. He knows it isn't easy and as I said, he's doing exactly the same now. If it was easy we'd be out now.

UKIP was already beginning to implode, he ran away to avoid the fallout.
Opinion. We all have one.

Which part of the government? The people in charge of Brexit were all Brexiteers, who ran away because it was too hard for them.
That would be the Brexiteer element in govt who spent a small fortune on leaflets pushing the EU good meme, you know, the remain element.

That would be the Brexiteer element in govt who spent a small fortune on leaflets pushing the EU good meme, you know, the remain element.
When was this? Post referendum? Brexiteers got all the Brexit related posts and blew it.

You beat me to it, and he still hasn't answered your question! Did the same to me when I asked him a question. Didn't answer it and threw a question at me. I returned the compliment by ignoring his question. Although, so far, I haven't used the ignore button, when someone ignores what I've said/asked, I again return the compliment. It makes for an easier experience, especially on ARRSE.
Think you may be right. One tries to be nice when speaking to the *ahem* slow and clumsy, but eventually one becomes a little weary of saying the same thing over and over again.