Farage...The next PM?

rifleair

War Hero
Well, say that then instead of something completely different and completely wrong.
Oh dear, have I upset you, Isn't this a place for debate? I wasn't giving a dictionary definition, merely my opinion of what an electorate is. If you can't be bothered to come out and vote then in my opinion, you aren't part of the electorate.
You may say that my opinion is wrong, that's your right.

Oh dear, have I upset you, Isn't this a place for debate? I wasn't giving a dictionary definition, merely my opinion of what an electorate is. If you can't be bothered to come out and vote then in my opinion, you aren't part of the electorate.
You may say that my opinion is wrong, that's your right.

Ok well, then, in my opinion, electricity is made of spiders.

Let's have a conversation about energy policy, because technical terms absolutely don't need an agreed meaning.

What you could say is "oh wow, bugger me, I thought 'electorate' meant 'them what voted'. Thanks, fellow Arrsers, useful correction there".

rifleair

War Hero
Ok well, then, in my opinion, electricity is made of spiders.

Let's have a conversation about energy policy, because technical terms absolutely don't need an agreed meaning.

What you could say is "oh wow, bugger me, I thought 'electorate' meant 'them what voted'. Thanks, fellow Arrsers, useful correction there".
I think someone's tired!

Fair point, to a degree, the degree being that none the others have created UKIP and then ran away.
Meh. Did what he set out to do and quit when it was done. Don't see the problem.

The fact he felt he had to do it all over again because of the actions of those charged with carrying out the will of the people in trying to scupper the exit, is nothing more than someone having to do a job twice because of the ineptitude of others.

Last edited:
Meh. Did what he set out to do and quit when it was done. Don't see the problem.

The fact he felt he had to do it all over again because of the actions of those charged with carrying out the will of the people in trying to scupper the exit, is nothing more than someone having to do a job twice because of the ineptitude of others.
He ran away because he couldn't control it and knew where it was going. He's doing the same now, no plan so it's all somebody else to blame. "I've done my bit"

Ex US Secret Service guy has a message for him.

That doesn't appear to match what I recall reading in the media. IINM he quit UKIP because he considered that he'd achieved his objective.

Do you have any links that refute that?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That doesn't appear to match what I recall reading in the media. IINM he quit UKIP because he considered that he'd achieved his objective.

We appear to still be in the EU.

Countries | European Union

So objective not reached.

Wow, you've got a lot of time on your hands! As I said just my opinion.
Yeah, at the moment I do have a lot of time on my hands.

Now, you didn't state an opinion, you made a statement which was factually incorrect. I merely pointed that out to you, giving evidence as to why, and did so without malice, ad homs or insult. I wasn't having a dig but if you choose to believe that to be the case, well I can't help that.

So, what point were you trying to make, in your opinion?

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that if someone is registered and entitled to vote and chooses not to they have no right to complain at the result. By not voting they are passively accepting the result of the choices other people made.

We appear to still be in the EU.

Countries | European Union

So objective not reached.

As I recall his objective was to have the referendum to either remain or leave. Once that was done he considered his objective achieved. Either result would probably have ended with him resigning from UKIP, as the will of the British people regarding remaining in the EU would have then been heard.

As I understand it, working on achieving what was expressed in the result because the will of the people has been frustrated is why he decided to give it another go.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
As I recall his objective was to have the referendum to either remain or leave. Once that was done he considered his objective achieved. Either result would probably have ended with him resigning from UKIP, as the will of the British people regarding remaining in the EU would have then been heard.

As I understand it, working on achieving what was expressed in the result because the will of the people has been frustrated is why he decided to give it another go.
Do you think he will be more successful second time round?

Who knows? Judging by the public dissatisfaction with those entrusted with the job due to their heel dragging, it's entirely possible.

He still hasn't achieved his objective now. So why did he resign?

ugly

LE
I wonder if sixty s upset because for once there is a chance that a non tory non scot will get into No 10?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Being an MEP pays well and comes with a jolly good pension. Farage is your ultimate self-licking lollipop fuelled by rather silly people chasing a fantasy.

As I understand it, his initial objective was to have a referendum to see how the British voter felt about remaining in the EU. Once that had been achieved he saw no further purpose in leading UKIP. Not hard to understand.

AFAIK the referendum was his objective. Once the voters had done their thing the objective was achieved.

See posts 1990 and 1996 on this thread.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
AFAIK the referendum was his objective. Once the voters had done their thing the objective was achieved.

See posts 1990 and 1996 on this thread.
It's still looking a rather insubstantial achievement so far.

Latest Threads