Farage, the morons messiah....

What influence?
Which was one of the big drivers for leaving the EU.

The UK traded sovereignty for influence.

However, as Brussels gained more power, Qualified Majority Voting became more widespread, an an increasingly assertive German / France axis driving the EU, the UK was also losing influence (and would continue to do so).

That meant the trade off (giving up sovereignty to gain influence) was an increasingly poor deal for the UK.

People like @Brotherton Lad highlight that we have lost influence as a result of Brexit, but it was going to happen anyway.

Ah yes, "the victim" do you not think that perhaps those who wrote the ECHR had "victims" in mind just after the fall of a regime that had criminalised people purely for existing?
You want rid of the ECHR so that you can be as horrible as you like to criminals, don't bring victims into it.

Don't give me that liberal bs. I said that the ECHR was no longer fit for purpose and that we should make our own rules, that doesn't mean we should start wearing funny trousers and goose stepping. We were perfectly able to lead the world in common sense law making and fairness, which is precisely why English speaking countries are/were the bastions of freedom in the world.

Nowadays, the ECHR protects the criminal more than the victim because we live in a world that the law makers post WW2 couldn't envisage. People are allowed to call for the beheading of those who insult Islam and at the same time we arrest someone for calling a police horse gay. We don't have enough confidence in our culture or laws to put evil people to death and the result is that criminals treat the law with impunity.

Instead, we are told by liberal idiots that our culture is evil and that we are responsible for all the world's ills. In reality, we are the ones who liberated the world from Nazi tyranny and Soviet Communism. The final lie to finish off with is that men and women no longer exist and people can be anything they want.

Personally, I rebel against this bullsh!t.

Last edited:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Which was one of the big drivers for leaving the EU.

The UK traded sovereignty for influence.

However, as Brussels gained more power, Qualified Majority Voting became more widespread, an an increasingly assertive German / France axis driving the EU, the UK was also losing influence (and would continue to do so).

That meant the trade off (giving up sovereignty to gain influence) was an increasingly poor deal for the UK.

People like @Brotherton Lad highlight that we have lost influence as a result of Brexit, but it was going to happen anyway.
Then why accelerate it?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Don't give me that liberal bs. I said that the ECHR was no longer fit for purpose and that we should make our own rules, that doesn't mean we should start wearing funny trousers and goose stepping. We were perfectly able to lead the world in common sense law making and fairness, which is precisely why English speaking countries are/were the bastions of freedom in the world.

Nowadays, the ECHR protects the criminal more than the victim because we live in a world that the law makers post WW2 couldn't envisage. People are allowed to call for the beheading of those who insult Islam and at the same time we arrest someone for calling a police horse gay. We don't have enough confidence in our culture or laws to put evil people to death and the result is that criminals treat the law with impunity.

Instead, we are told by liberal idiots that our culture is evil and that we are responsible for all the world's ills. In reality, we are the ones who liberated the world from Nazi tyranny and Soviet Communism. The final lie to finish off with is that men and women no longer exist and people can be anything that want.

Personally, I rebel against this bullsh!t.
Alternatively, you are just grumpy.

They appear to have done all of those things. Most embarrassing.
I agree there is a high level of embarrassment as a result of Brexit. For the EU and its supporters.

But I honestly can’t see anything embarrassing for the UK or for Leavers. We still like and support our friends and neighbours and we are still happy to work and collaborate with them.

Just not unquestionably.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I agree there is a high level of embarrassment as a result of Brexit. For the EU and its supporters.

But I honestly can’t see anything embarrassing for the UK or for Leavers. We still like and support our friends and neighbours and we are still happy to work and collaborate with them.

Just not unquestionably.
Loss of influence is a major loss.

Loss of influence is a major loss.
Loss of influence within the EU was inevitable if we stayed in the EU.

Plus, the EU is becoming less relevant as time goes on; it has no military power, it‘s becoming a smaller market, it is rather isolationist and insular (e.g. focusing on an internal market and keeping outsiders out), and organisations such as the ISO are taking on the standardisation role.

So remaining would have resulted in a loss of influence within an organisation that was losing influence…

Alternatively, you are just grumpy.

Au contraire, I'm happy enough, but I am a patriot in that I believe in the idea of the West and that Britain has formed a fundamental part of it. I also believe that Western culture is far superior to any other culture on earth and that we should do our best to protect it.

The constant attack on Western ideals, on our culture and the weakening of our legal system does not bring any benefit to our civilisation.

No one should be above the law, but everyone should respect it and fear the consequences of committing evil acts.

It's no surprise that the history of modern Europe has been an tragic one of domination and extremes. Even the Bard said we were fortunate to live on the sceptred Isle 'against the envy of less happier lands'. If you want freedom then you need to live in a place that speaks English and embraces English culture. Most countries that don't embrace the English dream of liberty are corrupt shytholes, look at South America compared to the north.

If that's the case for European ideals then what can they offer us other than a bit of trade?

Last edited:
AFAIK we are out of the EU, less likely to adopt the single currency and they have less influence over us than before. We may even get out of the daft ECHR and create our own laws.

Parliament is responsible to the people, the people aren't responsible to Parliament. It generally works the other way around on the continent.
Boris is under threat.

Gina Millers new political party has been launched.

Somebody has appeared to have flicked the switch on anti brexit news story’s .

We’ve gone from brexit related bad news eventually being linked to the pandemic after about 6 months.

We’re now going from non of the brexit bad news story’s materialising, to how well the economy is doing inspite of Brexit and the pandemic, to 1 in 3 business expect to go under because of Brexit.

Latest Threads