Farage, the morons messiah....

Still waiting for an explanation....wait forever I know. You have no shame do you?
I provided my explanation in full dear chap. You have chosen to cherry-pick the data, whereas I believe the full data set to be relevant. It's just two differences of opinions that we won't agree upon. This is ancient, why do you still want to rake over the the cold coals?

And if you're ever passing by the west country, drop in and try my curry - who knows you might even like it. And while you're here we can compare CVs xx

I provided my explanation in full dear chap. You have chosen to cherry-pick the data, whereas I believe the full data set to be relevant. It's just two differences of opinions that we won't agree upon. This is ancient, why do you still want to rake over the the cold coals?

And if you're ever passing by the west country, drop in and try my curry - who knows you might even like it. And while you're here we can compare CVs xx
Proving that you were talking bollocks in't cherry picking mash man. All you had to do was say "Fair cop" or "My mistake" HTH.

Your curries may be fine, not the point, anyone who thinks he has nothing to learn has a closed mind. Hence your inability to remove your mashing finger off the button.

I spend as much time on a post as it's worth, I've been more than generous with you. Funny how many on arrse confuse verbosity with profundity.
And yet you're still mashing away - the irony!!

And while you're here....

Since joining ARRSE you're averaging 14.3 posts per day (verbosity)
Since joining ARRSE I'm averaging less than one post every 2 days (profundity)

I do hope that helps xx

And yet you're still mashing away - the irony!!

And while you're here....

Since joining ARRSE you're averaging 14.3 posts per day (verbosity)
Since joining ARRSE I'm averaging less than one post every 2 days (profundity)

I do hope that helps xx
Mashed again? You're a bit angry aren't you?

The posts a day is the reverse of verbosity, if I had as high an opinion of myself as you and others have of themselves I'd do huge posts. Comprehension fail.

I don't GAF how many posts you do.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

One person with questions still to answer is Farage, a former commodities broker who also went to work for a London currency trading company after he moved into politics. He twice told the world on election night that Leave had likely lost, when he had information suggesting his side had actually won. He also has changed his story about who told him what regarding that very valuable piece of information.

Bloomberg’s account is based in part on interviews over seven months with more than 30 knowledgeable current and former polling-company executives, consultants and traders, nearly all of whom spoke only on the condition they not be named because of confidentiality agreements. Pollsters said they believed Brexit yielded one of the most profitable single days in the history of their industry. Some hedge funds that hired them cleared in the hundreds of millions of dollars, while their industry on the whole was battered by the chaos Brexit wrought in global financial markets. Although confidentiality agreements have made it difficult to discover the identities of many of the hedge funds that bought exclusive or syndicated exit polls, at least a dozen were involved, and potentially many more, Bloomberg found.

The private exit poll that appears to have had the most clients was conducted by Farage’s favorite pollster and friend, Damian Lyons-Lowe, whose company is called Survation. It was sold to multiple clients and correctly predicted Leave, according to Farage and other sources familiar with the results. In an interview with Bloomberg, Farage said he learned of Survation’s results before making at least one of two public concessions that night, meaning there was a good chance he was feeding specious sentiment into markets.

Survation wasn’t alone. As YouGov’s Twyman predicted a Remain victory on Sky, three of his colleagues were watching from inside the London office of a hedge fund. In addition to the public exit poll for Sky, YouGov earlier sold a private exit poll to this fund, which provided data to traders that matched the results Twyman presented on television, effectively giving them an edge for betting on the rise in the pound sparked by his comments, according to sources familiar with the events. YouGov staff code-named it “Operation Pomegranate.” It charged the hedge fund roughly $1 million, according to knowledgeable sources. Separately, YouGov gave Sky its poll for free. The hedge fund did extremely well, according to three sources familiar with the situation.

Opinion polls published in the British press during the critical final days of the campaign helped voters make up their minds—about both whether to take part in the referendum and which side they were on. But the relationships between polling firms and hedge funds in the lead-up to the vote, and on the day, created an inherent conflict. With one hand, pollsters fed the public information that affected the outcome and moved the markets. With the other, they sold data privately to clients betting on market moves created by their public-facing polls.

Two years after the historic vote, the pound is back at $1.32, the bottom of the crash that morning. Inflation is up, and the Bank of England has said British households are poorer than they would have been otherwise. People remain divided, while the government of Prime Minister Theresa May is deadlocked over how to move forward.

Those aren't the only unanswered questions. After the world asked how the nation’s leading pollsters could have been so wrong, British lawmakers launched an inquiry into whether misleading polls, in the referendum and other recent elections, were distorting democracy. But even members of a House of Lords select committee that looked into the subject had no idea that the companies they were probing had essentially become tools for firms wagering on the nation’s mood and votes. The Lords’ final report, released in April, made no mention of the relationships between pollsters and hedge funds.

George Foulkes, a Labour member of the upper House of Lords, was the driving force behind the select committee. On Monday, he called for lawmakers to initiate a Parliamentary inquiry into the “astonishing” practices revealed by Bloomberg. “The case for statutory regulation of polling companies is now overwhelming,” Foulkes said.

Brexit wasn’t even the first time it happened.

No. I just felt that it was a point worth reiterating.

When Brexit's all over, one way or the other, the little twerp is going to feel a bit lost, not having anything to drone on about ad nauseum. Hopefully it will cause the dull turd to spontaneously self-combust in a spectacular fit of frustrated apoplexy.

When Brexit's all over, one way or the other, the little twerp is going to feel a bit lost, not having anything to drone on about ad nauseum. Hopefully it will cause the dull turd to spontaneously self-combust in a spectacular fit of frustrated apoplexy.
Is he Alsacien in disguise?

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs

Proving that you were talking bollocks in't cherry picking mash man. All you had to do was say "Fair cop" or "My mistake" HTH.

Your curries may be fine, not the point, anyone who thinks he has nothing to learn has a closed mind. Hence your inability to remove your mashing finger off the button.
Getting back to the EU's regulations, the data set I provided you with showed 179 new regs in w/c 18/2/19 (in the last month another 950 have been added to the Journal). Your cherry-picking reduced this to 62 (the number of Legislative Bills passed) but ignored the "Information & Notices". I pointed out one I&N relating to CO2 emissions which applied universally but you believed this wasn't relevant - no explanation provided you merely discounted it as "button mashing".

Since our last correspondence, another I&N has come out relating to fishing. It states that Regulations to combat over-fishing, including a points-based licencing system for commercial operators, should be extended to recreational fishing. By extension this recommendation also means all recreational fishing craft need to install CCTV to verify compliance with landing obligations.

Do you still think I&Ns are irrelevant? Perhaps you can also point us in the direction of any manifesto of any EU party who believed such legislation should be brought forward during the term of this Parliament? Thought not. Maybe you'd care to enlighten us where this legislation originated? Again, thought not.

Enjoy your unaccountable, un-elected bureaucracy as it seems you've closed your mind to the consequences....

I know I have posted this before, on another thread, but this will sum it up come the glorious day citizen.

Furious lorry drivers bring motorways to standstill in Brexit delay protest

[Awaits SPOTY button-bashing with glee, as facts do not fit its narrative]

"The force said it had spoken to organisers of both protests beforehand and told them they were to ensure other motorists could pass them and not drop down to unsafe speeds."

I had a little chuckle at that bit, given that they're usually going at it hammer and tongs to get people to slow down, with speed traps, FPNs and awareness courses.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs

Who said the Europeans don't get Blackadder? A pity neither Verhofstadt nor Farage have an accurate grip on WWI history though.

'Nigel Farage was left humiliated today after being compared to Blackadder’s villainous portrayal of Field Marshal Haig. The former UKIP leader was mocked by the European Parliament’s Brexit co-ordinator Guy Verhofstadt as MEPs debated the latest developments in the UK’s torturous negotiations to leave the EU. Verhofstadt said he was “surprised” to see Farage in the Strasbourg parliament and not on the pro-Brexit march currently taking place in the UK.

'He said he was reminded of Field Marshal Douglas Haig in Blackadder’s final episode, where the historical character is seen directing the war effort from afar - avoiding the frontline. Referring to Farage’s presence, Verhofstadt said: “This is a surprise to me because I thought that he was marching somewhere in Britain. “But he is here. A 200-mile march. How many miles have you done – two miles?

' “You remind me more and more - I don’t know if you know him - Field Marshal Haig in Blackadder, who was also sitting in the World War One in his office in London. “And you are in Strasbourg while your own people are marching through the rain and in the cold.” Verhofstadt’s comment sparked loud laughter in the chamber.'

Nigel Farage humiliated after being compared to Blackadder's Field Marshal Haig

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sundog Brexit 1416
mattB101 The Intelligence Cell 629
armchair_jihad The Intelligence Cell 171