Farage, the morons messiah....

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
The Brexit board is run on CA rules so I'll just park this here...
I'm not sure about the Brexit area being run on CA rules. Have you seen the childish name-calling that is happening on the Trade thread? It's a sock drawer versus the world, not terribly informative about the matter in hand, but a playground.

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 381910
Farage's Brexit Party Now Has More MEPs Than UKIP -

As a couple of commenters said there are several pro-Brexit parties now:

- The Brexit Party
- UKIP
- For Britain
- Democrats and Veterans
- SDP
Of course they all stood down when they changed parties, in the same manner those who seem to support them called for the "independent group" MPs to stand down as soon as they changed parties . . .right ?
(Yes I am talking in stereotypes here).

edit for fat finger typing which only noticed a little later.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the Brexit area being run on CA rules. Have you seen the childish name-calling that is happening on the Trade thread? It's a sock drawer versus the world, not terribly informative about the matter in hand, but a playground.
A couple of thread bans would stop it in its tracks. With (open-ended) ROPs for attempted ban avoidance.

Piece of piss this modding lark.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Of copurse they all stood down when they chnaged parties, in the same manner those who seem to support them called for the "independent group" MPs to stand down as soon as they chnaged parties . . .right ?
(Yes I am talking in stereotypes here).
If an MP leaves a party then they should immediately trigger a by-election. That goes for ex-Conservatives, ex-UKIP, ex-Labour, or ex-SWP.

I wonder how the new brexit party is being funded?

More honestly than anything Remain ever did.

Don't forget to praise your hero Blair for his schmoozing with the EU elite...
The slime ball has been out of office for 12 years. Like any private citizen, he can do as he likes.

If an MP leaves a party then they should immediately trigger a by-election. That goes for ex-Conservatives, ex-UKIP, ex-Labour, or ex-SWP.
That last one might be a bit hard...…. on the grounds they don't have any :)

I'm so glad you're happy with supporting the exact same aims as he does.
What is that?

You support the aims of a foreign hostile government that carried out a nerve agent attack on British soil, with impunity.

Banning one sock in a drawer probably wouldn't work long-term, but I do agree that the hammer ought to be waved about a bit.
Perhaps the premise is that if all the site cocks are busy bashing buttons in the Brexit forum, crayoning away and boring each other with the latest sensationalised Brexit news/lies* then the rest of the site will be at peace and the mods will have it easy. Sort of like the plot in Escape From New York: corral all the chods out of the way and leave them to it.

* Depending on which broadcaster is bringing it to you.

Perhaps the premise is that if all the site cocks are busy bashing buttons in the Brexit forum, crayoning away and boring each other with the latest sensationalised Brexit news/lies* then the rest of the site will be at peace and the mods will have it easy. Sort of like the plot in Escape From New York: corral all the chods out of the way and leave them to it.
Must admit, I'd like a grown up thread without the crayon brigade. But alas, pretty much any thread will invariably attract the buggers.

ugly

LE
Well 270 pages later and we are about to leave, Farage is proving to be a thorn in the established parties sides still and the OP seems to have disappeared from the internet completely!
Morons Messiah? Just a very naughty boy, calling someone a messiah is silly, calling his supporters or admirers morons is even sillier! I suspect the UK political scene hasn't seen the back of him and good it pays to keep the elected idiots under scrutiny