Farage, the morons messiah....

Hasn't this "Brexit" farago at least opened people's eyes to reality. That "voting" doesn't make any difference .
Add to that the reality that any democratic vote is, by definition, divisive.
I believe MPs in Westminster have to react to something called the Division Bell: indeed their lives are governed by it.

Whereas the Remainers in our Political class, involved in this shit fest are completely exonerated? I don’t think so.
Those who voted against HS2, do you hold them responsible for the clown car it's become or do they get a pass to sit on the sidelines and say, "Told you so!" while the blame falls to those who championed it?

Those who voted against HS2, do you hold them responsible for the clown car it's become or do they get a pass to sit on the sidelines and say, "Told you so!" while the blame falls to those who championed it?
I was merely making a point - no one comes out smelling of roses on this - I knew what I was voting for back in 2016 (as did you, I reckon) seemed pretty clear cut to me. What I failed to take into account was the sheer ineptitude and skullduggery of our Political elite (on both sides). I should know better at my age.
By the way, not sure of the comparison you are trying to make with HS2, but if it helps, that’s a massive clusterfuck as well - with a common denominator.

Last edited:
Must have missed that HS2 referendum. Perhaps you could provide a link or something?
I certainly missed the relevance of that to the point I was responding to. Possibly because there was none.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
...seem to have played f**k all part in arranging "the deal."

Davis himself, despite being Brexit minister, only had four hours of meetings - as LBCs James "Gob on a Stick" O'Brien constantly reminds anyone desperate enough to tune into his programme.

Tess and her little pet, Ollie, seem to have been the principle forces behind any negotiations. Pro-Brexit ministers appointed to the Dept. for Exiting the EU seem to have been figurehead sops to hoodwink the public and little more.
Always someone else’s fault.
Davis lobbied for and got the job as an ardent brexiter whos fault is it that he was incompetent. Followed by, was it Raab. And that foreign affairs genius Johnson. Those and those alone who have made wildly improbable claims for brexit are the ones people should be holding responsible.

Not the remainers who told you that brexit was a stupid idea from the word go.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Whereas the Remainers in our Political class, involved in this shit fest are completely exonerated? I don’t think so.
Think what you like, it doesn’t change the fact that it was the brightest of our brexiters negotiating brexit. TM only taking over when the others incompetence was plain to see.

There's no shame in being a bit slow at understanding things.

Well done you for having a go, though.
Perhaps you'd care to enlighten me on how responding to a criticism of political elites links in to referenda?

The Truth, presumably, is out there?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
This mornings Tele.
A whole article on the return of the Farage.The Brexit Party. Doesn’t look like we’ll be out by the end of March then.

This mornings Tele.
A whole article on the return of the Farage.The Brexit Party. Doesn’t look like we’ll be out by the end of March then.
Farage must be secretly pleased, Far more publicity, money and notoriety in being a perpetual campaigner.

The journey is sometimes better than the destination

This mornings Tele.
Might provide the EU with more motivation not to extend Article 50. I don't think they'll be sad to see him leaving the European Parliament

I certainly missed the relevance of that to the point I was responding to. Possibly because there was none.
You were the one who brought HS2 into play, if that post is referring to me.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Might provide the EU with more motivation not to extend Article 50. I don't think they'll be sad to see him leaving the European Parliament
Looks like we’ll be asking them nicely for an extension. I wouldn’t put up that party bunting just yet.
And it looks like that Seaborne shipping co. deal is up the creek.

Looks like we’ll be asking them nicely for an extension. I wouldn’t put up that party bunting just yet.
And it looks like that Seaborne shipping co. deal is up the creek.
That'll be the Royal 'we'. :D

I cannot see the EU allowing UK MEPs to stand in the election, but if they did there'd be a surge of votes for leave MEP candidates

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
That'll be the Royal 'we'. :D

I cannot see the EU allowing UK MEPs to stand in the election, but if they did there'd be a surge of votes for leave MEP candidates
It seems to be the only place UKIP can get elected. I’ve been saying for years there’s a good side to Europe and the Eu.

Think what you like, it doesn’t change the fact that it was the brightest of our brexiters negotiating brexit. TM only taking over when the others incompetence was plain to see.
You must have been living in a cave. It seems to be the accepted narrative in the face of revelations in the press that Olly Robbins at May's behest was doing all the "negotiating" behind the scenes. Davis, Raab and latterly Barclay were parked "out front" to distract the media and con the electorate into thinking it was all going ahead as planned, as surely it must with a Brexiteer supposedly leading the team (for a mere four hours of meetings during his whole tenure in Davis' case apparently), right...?

Edited to add some insight into Olly's role in our downfall:-

"Since then, through Brown, Cameron and now May he has been the director-general of the civil service, second permanent secretary at the Home Office, permanent secretary at the Department for Exiting the EU and now the prime minister's Europe adviser - a role created just for him, to execute Brexit.

Outside Whitehall, civil servants tend to enjoy anonymity - quietly advising and enacting the policies set them by their political masters. It's telling that until Mr Robbins came along, the most well-known British civil servant was a fictional character - Yes Minister's Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Brexit changed everything for Mr Robbins. For more than two years now, on an almost weekly basis, a small anonymous team led by him has been shuttling back and forth on the Eurostar with Britain's post-Brexit future in their heads.
"
Who is Olly Robbins, the civil servant on whose shoulders Brexit deal rests?

Last edited: