Farage’s big return

Maybe becuase it is a crackpot scheme that is seen by the vast majorirty as nonsense ?

PS: it is not finally being report,ed at least 2 MSM news sources have previously reported on this about a month ago.
Most are giving it all the attention it deserves, the same as they do not report on the moon-howling of the local bag-lady.
OK - so I missed the MSM stories earlier - I was not commenting on the sense or otherwise of the case - I expect the establishment will find some form of 'legal' reasoning to defeat the case (after all - if they can f*ck over 17.4 million people - a few 'crackpots' should be easy:rolleyes:).

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
OK - so I missed the MSM stories earlier - I was not commenting on the sense or otherwise of the case - I expect the establishment will find some form of 'legal' reasoning to defeat the case (after all - if they can f*ck over 17.4 million people - a few 'crackpots' should be easy:rolleyes:).
Gosh. we wouldn't want English Law to be upheld now would we? :rolleyes:

I don't really mind it being single issue, I'd just like to understand what their solution to the issue is.

I don't quite want things in tablets of stone (although that was hilarious when that labour tool did it). Just written down so I can read what they think is a plan. And then hold them accountable afterwards. Which is what I'd like to do with them all.
The stated aim is to leave on WTO terms then once done look to agree a trade deal with the EU.

I believe leaving on WTO terms gives the ability to maintain the status quo for a number of years, although I'm not 100% on the time limit.

I had seen a solitary media article around Eastertime but he/they're getting far less publicity than Miller did.
I wonder why?

You'd need to vote for someone prepared to make Manifestos legally binding to get that kind of information

But with any commitments not being legally binding, you might as well blindfold yourself and spin a wheel, you'll make just an informed choice as reading a manifesto

You either believe a complete pack of lies called a Manifesto and hope that they might from the goodness of their heart decide to keep a commitment against their better judgement despite it not being legally binding or just guess based on their prior actions and hope they don't do a Theresa May
Fairy nuff.

But the tone of the manifesto should give you an indication on how that Party thinks in relation to key aspects of government and the society it serves - of course it doesn't bind them (events dear boy, events) but it does hint very strongly on which way they would likely go when matters arise relating to the economy, health, education, pensions, welfare, defence, internal security, law and justice, external relations, the Union, infrastructure etc etc. Are they seeking to control everything through Nationalisation and a raft of legislation? Or are they in favour of a light touch approach to everything? How do they view those beyond our borders? What is their economic driver - Smith or Keynes?

The question has to be - if they have no founding document, or constitution, or manifesto, how do they attract people to them, not just as voters but as advocates? How would they get people to want to campaign for them, or run as their representative at whatever level? Because once in, it would be a bit rich for their members to claim it wasn't what they thought it was and cross the floor (even though that has happened for as long as there have been designated political Parties) and chunter on about betrayal.

All that is being said really is that it is hard enough to guess what any of the Parties actually stand for these days, and a lack of any manifesto makes that even harder.

I've had Labour & Conservative ones too.
I used the latter to scrape up a dog turd on the pavement outside when I came in tonight.
I've had the Labour and Green ones through my door. Lord Andrew Adonis is second on the Labour list for my area (SW&Gib), which sort of confirms my theory that the loudest proponents of Remain are just looking at their next job opportunity.

How amusing it is to see ardent leavers looking forward to electing MEPs two months after they thought the UK was leaving the EU.

How amusing it is to see ardent leavers looking forward to electing MEPs two months after they thought the UK was leaving the EU.
You are lining yourself up for a big "custard pie"...you do realise that don't you?

I believe Mrs BL has finished her horlicks now too...

Off you toddle - this will all still be here when you wake up tomorrow ;)

You are lining yourself up for a big "custard pie"...you do realise that don't you?

I believe Mrs BL has finished her horlicks now too...

Off you toddle - this will all still be here when you wake up tomorrow ;)
Nothing has changed.

Brexit Party smashing it on social media:

Nigel Farage's Eurosceptic Brexit Party is less than a year old, but it's already winning the online battle for the EU elections.

New data from 89up, a London-based online content and social media consultancy, shows Facebook posts linking to the Brexit Party website have generated more shares than every other party combined. The company crawled a database of 1.5 million public Facebook pages to see how often pages were linking to political party websites, and how many shares those posts generated.

The Brexit Party generated 125,035 shares; the next closest were the Conservatives on 26,400. UKIP, Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party all had less than 6,000 shares, while Change UK had just 56.....

.....On Sunday, an edited clip of Farage’s testy reaction to Marr’s questioning was posted on the politician’s official Facebook page, under the header “We are not just fighting the political class. We are fighting the entire BBC too.” Since then, the video has had over 44,000 Facebook likes, comments and shares, and more than 457,000 views. A video of a Brexit Party rally in Pontefract was similarly popular, garnering more than 15,874 likes, comments and shares, and nearly 100,000 views...

..The party didn't exist until January 20 but its growth has been massive. Its Twitter account was created in February; it now has over 100,000 followers, and piggy-backs off Farage's 1.3 million. A pinned post of its election broadcast has 463,000 views and more than 22,000 interactions...

...The Brexit Party’s online success extends to its advertising strategy, which is reaching audiences not typically considered Brexiteers. The group Who Targets Me, which monitors the use of political advertising on social media, released figures showing that the Brexit party spent £26,776 on 35 ads last week – its highest spend so far. Co-founder of Who Targets Me, Sam Jeffers, expects the weekly spend to double or triple in the coming weeks.

These ads, which often attack rival MEP candidates who support a second Brexit referendum, have attracted young audiences, which is unusual for a pro-Brexit party.

More here:
The Brexit Party is winning social media. These numbers prove it | WIRED UK

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ordinaryforces DIY 20
Z Military History and Militaria 238
robroy The Intelligence Cell 3