Fao retired and ex-soldiers with tales to tell....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by regular_imbiber, Sep 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the recommended time-line for relating stories about your time in the service that may have a slightly "scrapes and japes" theme to them? Obviously the C Of C might not appreciate this,mind you.

Straight after discharge? After Reserve Liability is expired? Or never at all on here and save it for memoirs?

Its not me that wants to know...... er,its my mate, he's not got an internet :thumright:

2. We signed the Official Secrets Act, which has a 25-year statue of limitations. That would be where I started to look...
  3. That will do for me,I'll only 68 (or 70 if I do V Eng) :muhaha:
  4. I don't think the Official Secrets Act covers kicking in the cookhouse door on a Saturday night and cooking all the beacon in the fridge for the weekend just because your hungry when you get back from the pub.

And I don't think MI5 will kick down your door because you were number 4 on a train pulled by the COs daughter but I could be wrong.
  5. What if the cookhouse (or mess) then burnt down becuase the gas was left on?
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That would be different and may be classed as Arrse-on :)
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

If the mess had WOMAD and a 45 minute capability the situation could get interesting. Did the bacon originate in Eire?
  8. Would that be the Paderborne (Sp) question, I think it was ruled not to be an Official Secret as broadly laid out but the Duty Officer should get spanked and sent to bed without supper (or beacon butties)

9. I did get my supper, just quite late in the day...
  10. We had similar non reportable events in our wee camp in Sennelager every weekend, in the end the cook Sgt left us out a box of food we could burn and ordered the duty chief not to lock the kitchen at the weekend.
  11. This is exactly the kind of stuff my mate is referring to; nothing particularly criminal or malicious but maybe not taken in a light-hearted way by those at the top.

I'll..... er, pass it on to him ^~