FANY at the weekend?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by BatteryTeaBoy, Mar 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Been told that during a high profile W/E coming up I may well have to cook for some FANY's.

Now I know about who they are and what they do.

"I was told they were old and over weight"

That I do not believe, Can someone enlighten me? Do I need to get my best pressed 95 out and polish my S10? :wink:
  2. You'd polish your S10? What's all this 'pressing uniform' all about as well?
  3. Poppy is a FANY.

'Nuff said.
  4. wasted humour obviously! :cry:
  5. They're filthy, you're in for a treat! Polish up your lederhosen, and prepare to be manhandled.
  6. Humour? Feck me, you'll be looking for morale next!
  7. But they ain't medics or are they? Confused cause they're in my Signals Bde
  8. Not sure what Snow White was implying there, (???)

take it from me Battery Tea Boy....Poppy is an absolute 100% Babe (not the pig variety I hasten to add) ...and I hear she's lost the German Helmet hair style..... :cry: I thought she looked sufficiently severe with that!

Anyway, enjoy your FANY hunt, and be sure to post results next week.....if they haven't all suffered from food poisoning that is.... :twisted:
  9. They're the Women's Institute of the Army.

Slightly posh ladies (well, the ones I've met so far have been), they're not medics as such, although FANY stands for First Aid Nursing Yeomanry.

I've usually seen them on competitions, where they provide staff to do the scoring and the comms.
  10. Just had a look at the website provided.

Most of them look passed their "golden years"

mental note :- ensure BFAT aide memoir goes in top left pocket, long with combi-tool, pen, compass, notebook.......
  11. What about the book 'The FANY in peace and war' :D :D :D

Sounds like a great read.......

p.s. They don't appear to have ranks and their's no mention of pay??
  12. Oh yes: in my first unit after I left the regular Army we were virtually co-located with the FANY, and we did a lot of scoring :D