Fantasy Photo Scenarios

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maninblack, Dec 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

This THREAD from the Sigs forum set me off thinking about the fantasy photographs with which the MoD populate their websites and brochures.

In the photo the Sigs team are deployed in a cammed up tent but are wearing their berets like good little boys and girls. They seem to believe that you nail your beret on your head at 07.55 and sit at your desk/under a Rover or wherever with the ridiculous piece of felt covering your bald patch all day long.

I seem to remember similar things in the Grattan catalogue from about 1970 where groups of men were standing round chatting in various sets of matching underwear, including one older gentleman in blue long-johns who was smoking a pipe.

Has anyone else noticed this fantasy world of promotional photography?

2. When else do you smoke your pipe.except when you wear your blue combinations?

3. MIB, think you're in a fantasy world of ARRSE where all forums go under different names? It's a chef in the just TA forum.

Back to the thread, I always like the 'pointing of into the distance' pose ... although I would always get my mum's catalogue and wip through to the women's undies section and do a nipple count first.