Fantastic value for money?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Troy, Sep 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Appologies if this has already been done, but I did a search and the results drew a blank....

Fantastic value for money?

The Daily Mail has got this right!

They say that people are nicking Tesco wire shopping baskets and flogging them on E-bay. Here's a link to one:

High Quality Wire Shopping Tesco Baskets | eBay

It says they are fantastic value for money, well of course they are. But not for the buyer; fantastic value for the seller as they cost him nothing!

The scrote has registered as a business but hasn't got any feedback points yet.

The DM story about the fight fisted people who won't pay for shopping bags:

Tesco store left with only 16 baskets after almost 500 are stolen... because shoppers refuse to pay 5p for plastic bags | Mail Online

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Did your Mam never give you a slap?

• Like Like x 3
  3. If someone is that stupid that they will pay £25 for a basket to avoid paying 5 pence then I'd suggest they should be killed.

• Like Like x 4
  4. You're just jealous because you didn't think of it first. Surely the baskets have 'Tesco' on the handles? Bit of a giveaway.

5. HHH

HHH LE

Not really you have to pay £25 for them!

• Like Like x 1
  6. i think they are putting them on the back of bikes to carry stuff home bill

7. They also make great terminal guards for central heating boilers.....(so I've heard)

8. 5p for a p1ss thin bag taht will break on pick up? And it is already adorned with (now) free advertising fr the supermarket...

Don't Tesco do bag for lifes?

Strange thing is, in Germany this is a fact of life. You pay for your carrier bags, but it doesn't really matter as everyone just turns up wit their own bags/baskets.

9. Some people use them to keep the cats off their canabis plants.

[​IMG]

10. More likely they move to a career in the civil service or as a politician.

11. I use them in the garden to keep rabbits off my veg.

12. Weedy specimen that . From the look of the leaves its not getting enough nutrients. It should be stood to attention like a proud guardsman ?

13. So e-bay won't take on 'offensive' stuff, but are quite happy to act as a fence for potentially stolen goods? Interesting stand to take.

14. It can't, someone shoved a shopping basket over it.