ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Fantasists Required: free money available

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Sep 5, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Utterly incredible: Make up a load of shit as invited publicly to do so by Wiltshire plod, get them to help you filling the Compo forms, get paid out up to £50k "on balance of probabilities" before any investigation is complete and then be allowed to keep it even though you are under investigation for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

What could possibly go wrong?

Ted Heath accusers in line for compensation after police appeal for 'victims'

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. The above is exactly why my wife and I left the UK criminal justice system.
    There is no more rational decision making.
    Balance of probabilities! Not good enough.
    False complainants will be banging on the HQ door for their compo form and then be given a single point of contact to help them complete it. Probably a DC.
    And of course the real victims, if any, will slip through the admin cracks.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I think that many of the recent 'revelations' about many of these dead public figures/celebs are of a similar spurious type. I don't believe half of it quite frankly.

4. Those Coppers were just bribing him for more sordid sex stories to thrash off over

"Yeah, keep going Nick, I'm nearly there!"

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Theres also the issue that many people fail to understand the system and so if someone has compensation awarded this proves Mr X must be guilty.

Of Course in the event he isn't - then that's obviously an establishment cover up / old boys club / bribed Jury ( insert your preferred bacofoil brand as required)

6. The rumors have been around decades, so I don't think it's just the thought of compensation that's driven them all

Isn't prejudice a big part of this case, it harks back to an era when someone assumed to be gay was thought to be more of a risk around children, when the reality was they were no more likely to be pedophiles than anyone else

7. Harold Wilson once looked at me funny, I have been traumatised for years. Where's that compo form again?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I thought he was a disappointment as PM. Can I get some too?

9. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Not the greatest band leader either. But I don't think it's worth a payout. Now Oasis, they really were a shite band.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jon Peel walt

• Like Like x 1
  11. I never met him but if I had he could have abused me as well, surely that worth a grand ?

I'll settle for a Nandos voucher.

12. Here, have two grand ... I'm sure Jim could have fixed it for him you.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

A (male) mate of mine was approached by Leon Brittain on a train, with obvious sexual intent. Obviously not paedophiliac in nature as my mate is 6ft 1, and more than legal age.

Texted him yesterday - "PPI? not quite but where there is no blame there is a claim"

14. I was shouted at by a Station Warrant Officer at Coltishall when I was a space cadet for not wearing a beret, I must be in for millions plus interest from 1971.

15. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

Well my new kitchen won't pay for itself.
    So here goes.

Once upon a time in a quiet little.........