"Fanny Batter": Weird names no-one deserves

There used to be an airborne scalyback officer called Richard Head, and I met a copper called Mr Brain once - who also christened his son Richard.

Everybody knows the joke about "Have you seen Mike Hunt?", but this one - http://www.comedymail.co.uk/ViewItem.asp?ID=75 - really cracked me up.

For my money, she's lucky she lives in Miami, not Manchester :D

Any others out there?

Arana said:
I went to school with a guy called "Willie Wickett" but he prefered to be called Bill for some reason.
In line with Catch 22 of the seventies, in Fallingbostel we had a Sergeant Sargent.

When in Wolfenbuettel, when he was a Cpl, it provided hours of fun with the visiting Americans, who were on the Tri-Partite execises held there at the time.

Sgt-Maj Payne, and a Cpt Roger Moore. Knew a L/Cpl John Thomas.

Wasn't there a squadron leader in 'The Wooden Horse' (or could have been the Great Escape - it evades me!) called Willy Wank?

Know someone (non-military) called Too-Morrow

Arana said:
Surely there must be a "Waine Kerr" out there somewhere.
Had a spanish teacher called Mr. Juan Kerr.

A kid I went to school with was the eight kid in the family. They called him Gordon... His last name was Bennett. :D

Remember a guy at 22 Sigs called Steve Major who at the time was a Sgt.
A Ssgt Carr as in staff Carr, and yes he was black.
ACC Capt. Cooke
Never came across anyone with this name but it made I larf.....Isaac Hunt.

Had a SSgt called Major, go and see "Staff Sergeant Major" :D

A lad called Slaughter, must have been mint when he got Sgt :D (he was definitely a Cpl when I knew him).

There are the Crapper brothers (all officers in my Corps).

My history teacher was a Mrs Bouquett. Alas Keeping up Appearances was on at the time, you can guess the rest :D

Also ran in to a Engr officier whose surname was Commander. Loads of fun for a young subbie :D

There was a recruit at Trg Bn in the mid 1980's In Tobruk Pl....Cfn Sex. My Pl was on the ground floor, and we frequently heard the shout, "I WANT SEX IN THE OFFICE......NOW!"

I (BR) Corps Tps Wksp had a Canadian, Captain Dover, on attachment. Immediately christened 'Ben' by the troops!

We had a Trooper called Noone and another called Knight. Whenever there was a visit to the squadron, the Sqn Ldr used to preposition them en route and he would then greet them with a cheery 'Morning, Noone and Knight'...

There is also a really good series of recordings of announcements at Heathrow when the Information desk was presented with an increasingly complex list of foreign people. The names looked innocent enough until read out!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoeCivvie The NAAFI Bar 125
JoeCivvie The NAAFI Bar 32
FunkyNewBlood The NAAFI Bar 1