"Fanny Batter": Weird names no-one deserves

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Stonker, Sep 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There used to be an airborne scalyback officer called Richard Head, and I met a copper called Mr Brain once - who also christened his son Richard.

Everybody knows the joke about "Have you seen Mike Hunt?", but this one - http://www.comedymail.co.uk/ViewItem.asp?ID=75 - really cracked me up.

For my money, she's lucky she lives in Miami, not Manchester :D

Any others out there?

2. I went to school with a guy called "Willie Wickett" but he prefered to be called Bill for some reason.

3. In line with Catch 22 of the seventies, in Fallingbostel we had a Sergeant Sargent.

When in Wolfenbuettel, when he was a Cpl, it provided hours of fun with the visiting Americans, who were on the Tri-Partite execises held there at the time.

4. We had a chap called Major - Chef type. Went all the way from Sgt to Major to the delight of everyone.

5. we have a major master

6. We had a Major Cnut, sorry we had a major who was a cnut, his name was N*******

7. Met an American called Captain Ranton. Not sure if he ever made it to Major Ranton, but I hope so.

8. Sgt-Maj Payne, and a Cpt Roger Moore. Knew a L/Cpl John Thomas.

Wasn't there a squadron leader in 'The Wooden Horse' (or could have been the Great Escape - it evades me!) called Willy Wank?

9. Had a Gunner Rea attached to us in Kosovo 2000

10. Know someone (non-military) called Too-Morrow

11. Surely there must be a "Waine Kerr" out there somewhere.

12. We had a Major Kirk.

Wish I had known him a little earlier in his career.

13. Had a spanish teacher called Mr. Juan Kerr.

14. A kid I went to school with was the eight kid in the family. They called him Gordon... His last name was Bennett. :D

15. Remember a guy at 22 Sigs called Steve Major who at the time was a Sgt.
    A Ssgt Carr as in staff Carr, and yes he was black.
    ACC Capt. Cooke
    Never came across anyone with this name but it made I larf.....Isaac Hunt.