Fang Farrier goes on a charity adventure

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Fang_Farrier, Jan 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Help raise £250 to Send Fang Farrier to Greece to work on refugees in the camps providing emergency dental care from 1st Feb to 6th Feb 2017

I know we all talk about charity fatigue but I haven't asked ARRSE for any money before and quite frankly I'm fed up asking friends and family for the various bits and pieces I'm involved in, so I thought why not ask those nice chaps on ARRSE if they'd like to donate.

You can think of this in two ways.

1. If you feel for the refugees and think they deserve all the help they can get, then please dig deep.

2. If you're not keen on refuges, then think about their unfortunate circumstances, stuck in a tented camp without access to basic essentials during the middle of winter suffering from toothache and then they have the misfortune of having to have a tooth out. Is that not worth donating for?

I'll be going with Dentaid at the start of February.

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 11
    • Like Like x 6
  2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Of course you could just wait for them at Dover..

• Funny Funny x 24
  3. Do they sell Mythos in Dover? Thought not.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Fang_Farrier

Other end of the country from me!

These are the legal refugees, the ones who aren't trying to come here, if they could reach Dover it wouldn't be a problem for them!

"Many of the refugees had first class dental treatment in their home countries but since they were forced to leave their homes they have had little opportunity to clean their teeth and rely on packaged meals delivered by UNHCR as there are no cooking facilities."

• Like Like x 2
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

A few shekels on its way. Enjoy your holiday!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Donated. Good luck with it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would have to make an appointment with my dentist about two months in advance, then it would cost me a fair bit. But if I became a refugee and went to Greece, you would be able to do it for me at the start of Feb? How can I join?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Fang_Farrier

Certainly, not sure exactly which camps will be visiting and can't guarantee if you'll be seen on the day we visit that camp due to size of queue in it. And it's only emergency treatment, which pretty much means extractions, but feel free.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Bunged off a few quid.

10. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Is there a way of doing this without lighting up faceache and stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Done FF. Not much I'm afraid but hope it will help towards raising your total.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yes!

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Done!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Good, how. And don't pick on me. I've a slow internet.

Think it's done.

15. I think that's a laudable endeavour, Fang, though I have to confess it may hurt you more than it will hurt me. Just a prick in the mouth, it'll soon be over.
    Sent a few bob. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017