Fancy sponsoring a disabled ex-Mick cycling across the UK?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by charlie999, Jun 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just about to head off from Lands End to cycle to John O 'Groats, via the Three Peaks... Most people do the direct LEJOG route in ten days but because of my breaking my back whilst on adventurous training in Germany a few years ago I'm allowing just under a month for the whole trip... Should be an amazing experience and a pretty huge fuck you to the collection of doctors who told me I would never walk again. And who are most probably still announcing to their patients that their physical lives are over. Bollocks they are! I have met so many amazing people over the last five years who have come back from the most horrific injuries and are still out there living their life to the full.

If you feel like donating some cash to Spinal Research, the primiary charity funding spinal cord research in the UK, then please go to my Just Giving page here:

Cycling 1400miles from Lands End to John O 'Groats and climbing the 3 Peaks

If you know of anyone who has been seriously injured and wants some support or advice then please feel free to drop me a line as I can't easily put people in touch with others who would LOVE to help solve any problems they may have in terms of getting back into an active life.

Charlie :)