Fancy Dress

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by RTFQ, Aug 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Fellas,

I'm after a high quality costume for an upcoming do. I used to be good at sourcing this sort of thing myself but living with a woman saps your address book as quickly as it does your spirit. I know all there is to know about 'making love' (it's like fcuking, but she chooses the music (no wagner) and there's a lot of creepy eye contact), but I seem to have forgotten how to dig out for a decent party.

I don't want to give too much away (opsec) but I'm after something with a historical bent that doesn't look like it's been made out of bin liners in basildon by some half-blind, beadle-mitted illegal immigrant.

Do any of you have any favourite outfitters or internet sites that you can recommend? I can't give any more details unfortunately, but if the do goes as well as it promises, I'm sure there'll be stories.

Thanks

RT

2. Easiest thing is to get hold of some blue woad. The impression you make may be affected by the weather and the company.

3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Has to be the Prince Harry style SS uniform... I think I've still got my old 'Action Man' stormtrooper set somewhere: you can borrow that if you want.

4. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

I know what costume I want, I just need someone decent who can meet my needs.

A weekend spent searching the web just threw up some stupid acryllic wigs and outfits made from matress anti-swamp covers

5. DIY yields the best results, and whilst granted your inate bachelor creativity may have been sapped from you its still more satisfying and looks better, all about the ancillaries. How long have you got to sort your rig?

6. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Work is a bit slow just now, probably around 160 man hours :D

Trouble is, i'm shoite at sewing and I need to procure weaponry.

7. Angels on Shaftesbury Ave, London.

Maybe if you can give us a hint of what it is you want to go as we maybe able to help more?

8. Sod that for a costume. All you need is a pair of Y-Fronts. If people ask you what the rig is you just tell them you are a premature ejaculation - "I've just come in my underpants"

I know ... coat, door.

9. Last New Year's Eve I dressed as colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse. I made a "Chef's Head" from papier mache. I wore my tropical trousers and a OG tee-shirt and painted my arms and face - shaven head of course - green, brown and grey. I wore my Jungley Knife and lurked around the bar occasionally quoting the film "The horror, the horror..." et cetera. Sadly people asked me why I hadn't bothered to get dressed up..

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Historical eh ? Are you going as Toulouse-Lautrec or Charles Sherwood Stratton ?

Or how about this ? [​IMG] You'd be an ideal Ginger Ninja.

11. If your near South London, the Party Shop in Clapham Junction has hundreds of customes for hire. Pretty much anything you can think of. Why not go s a Viking then you can rape and pillage as much as you want!

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

If he's thinking of raping and pillaging as high as he can reach he'll have to go as a Viking knee-fetishist.

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

As LVH says above Angels is excellent and you can
    review/ order online:

Here

Prices seem to be around £30/£40 and they will deliver.

If you are in London another source if you really want to go the extra
    mile is here:

National Theatre Hire Dept

But I am not sure if they do individual hire, but they do AmDram so a colourfull story and......they are worth checking out though as their resources are huge.

Finally.... make sure you post a piccie, PVC, Ressie & all :)

14. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

National Theatre - NOW we're talking. Hmmmm, colourful story you say? I reckon I may be able to pull one of those from somewhere.

I am SO Am Dram.