Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Ozgerbobble, Dec 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A drunken soldier has sparked a security alert after going to a regimental party dressed as an Arab suicide bomber.

Fifteen squad cars, armed police and dog handlers were called in after an alarmed civilian spotted the soldier.

The sergeant was seen wearing a turban and false beard and Arab-style clothing at around 4pm on Wednesday.

He also had orange paper, wires and candles stuffed into his combat jacket to look like explosives.

The sergeant, from the Coldstream Guards regiment, had been to an annual fancy-dress party at Aldershot Army base, in Hampshire.

He was walking home along a public road when he was spotted.

The sergeant, with 10 years' service, was arrested by Hampshire Police and spent a night in custody.

He admitted a public disorder offence and was fined £80.

Hampshire Police said the regiment had called to assure "there would not be any other people leaving the party dressed like that".

The MoD told The Sun: "The regiment is severely embarrassed by this."

Tick Tock Tick Tock hes a fcukin woodentop :roll:
  2. Haha...I heard about this. Think it happened on Wed night. Gutted
  3. In fact, almost all Coldstream Guards were in the shit with the police Wednesday night.

They were all kicking off in town centre....police crawling all over the place.
  4. Couldn't the police tell the difference between a piss up squaddie in fancy dress and a suicide bomber (maybe the fact he did not explode might have given it away)

This sort of pc pcing just gives everybody a bad name
  5. They shouldn't get so p1ssed then!
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

He's lucky the Plod didnt shoot him.
  7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

It comes to something when a man can't walk around wearing what he wants for fear of the cops fining him 80 smackers. I mean it's fair enough they give him a tug and ensure he's not a walking bomb but eighty sods for his choice of costume seems a little unfair.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I would have refused the fine and said take me too court. I would like to have seen a jury convict him of a public order offence of wearing clothes. NOT. CPS would have dropped it like a turd.

Great choice for a fancy dress though. :p
  9. the silly thing is anybody with half a brain would work out that suicide bombers would dress in normal clothes and approach their targets by stealth.
    not by going around looking like Bin Laden
  10. I agree. Spend the night in jail, and release him in the morning would have been OK without the fine....He was hit harder than the guy who gate crashed the Windser Party!!!
  11. Why should he be detained at all?! This is Great Britain... Land of the free... remember that? The man committed no crime. He should sue.
  12. "land of the free" i think you will find applies to the USA... those words are somewhere in a song they use :wink:

what also is very was he doing leaving the "do"
    at 4pm??? hope that was a misprint in original post :lol:
  13. He's lucky the Plod didnt shoot him.

Now if he had been carrying a table leg and speaking with a 'Jock' accent.....2 in the head...No problem!!!! :roll: