Fancy doing something different?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by RAuxAF, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd rather be a fat pie eating cunt, in the RLC than be a crab.

Hope this helps.
  2. Would I have to buy my own plastic loafers?
  3. I got dicked around for 9 years by the RAF, no thanks , the attraction of another term as a lifer SAC does not appeal
  4. is this a wind up?
  5. Oh yes, where do I sign? Can I skip basic because I was an air cadet? So long JPA!...oh wait...
  6. Well one out of four isn't too shabby old chap!

I'd rather be Stabtiffy2b... and he's a cunt!
  7. ..or you could give them a ring.

Who knows, you could find yourself doing something useful regarding current Ops.
  8. Follow the link and you get:

and this is an intelligence unit? :slow:

Still if they take useless old fat knackers there could be hope for me yet! :D
  9. Did i read RAF and intelligence in the same sentence, or has the cider gone straight to my head?
  10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've just got through to it.

Looks interesting although I can't really imagine why the RAF needs interpreters and language int people. I would have thought that talking Pashto and Arabic was an ground forces job.

Not that a crab could not be good at it etc.

I always thought RAF int involved clever bods staring at the photo product of U2's and the like and worrying about technical/tactical aspects of other peoples aeroplanes.
  11. Being serious they need people to sit in forty year old aircraft for 12 hours or more at a stretch listening to Taliban cellphone conversations.

An important job for sure.

Snag to my mind is that this:

Is as old as these beauties:
    If you're going to a classic car rally and you break down on the A5 it's rather less likely to be fatal than if your forty year old Nimrod falls to bits en-route to Talibanistan...
  12. They can accomadate those ones too!
  13. So you just need to join the RLC and you've acheived your goal.
  14. Differnece is EX_STAB that the nimrod is a 40 year old design, not a 40 year old airframe

At least I hope not :?