• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Fancy doing something different?

#2
I'd rather be a fat pie eating cunt, in the RLC than be a crab.

Hope this helps.
 
#3
Would I have to buy my own plastic loafers?
 
#5
is this a wind up?
 
#7
StabTiffy2B said:
I'd rather be a fat pie eating cunt, in the RLC than be a crab.

Hope this helps.
Well one out of four isn't too shabby old chap!

RAuxAF said:
7630 (VR) Intelligence Squadron RAuxAF is recruiting now!

www.rafreserves.com/th...px?unit=98

The Squadron is no longer just looking for linguists. It is recruiting across the full rank range

For further information call: 01522 727083
I'd rather be Stabtiffy2b... and he's a cunt!
 
#8
..or you could give them a ring.

Who knows, you could find yourself doing something useful regarding current Ops.
 
#9
Follow the link and you get:

RAF Reserves page could not be foundspacer


spacer spacer spacer
spacer spacer

The page you requested could not be found. Please click here to return to the main page.
and this is an intelligence unit? :slow:

Still if they take useless old fat knackers there could be hope for me yet! :D
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#11
I've just got through to it.

Looks interesting although I can't really imagine why the RAF needs interpreters and language int people. I would have thought that talking Pashto and Arabic was an ground forces job.

Not that a crab could not be good at it etc.

I always thought RAF int involved clever bods staring at the photo product of U2's and the like and worrying about technical/tactical aspects of other peoples aeroplanes.
 
#12
BuggerAll said:
I've just got through to it.

Looks interesting although I can't really imagine why the RAF needs interpreters and language int people. I would have thought that talking Pashto and Arabic was an ground forces job.

Not that a crab could not be good at it etc.

I always thought RAF int involved clever bods staring at the photo product of U2's and the like and worrying about technical/tactical aspects of other peoples aeroplanes.
Being serious they need people to sit in forty year old aircraft for 12 hours or more at a stretch listening to Taliban cellphone conversations.

An important job for sure.

Snag to my mind is that this:


Is as old as these beauties:

If you're going to a classic car rally and you break down on the A5 it's rather less likely to be fatal than if your forty year old Nimrod falls to bits en-route to Talibanistan...
 
#14
StabTiffy2B said:
I'd rather be a fat pie eating cunt, in the RLC than be a crab.

Hope this helps.
So you just need to join the RLC and you've acheived your goal.
 
#16
BuggerAll said:
I've just got through to it.

Looks interesting although I can't really imagine why the RAF needs interpreters and language int people. I would have thought that talking Pashto and Arabic was an ground forces job.

Not that a crab could not be good at it etc.

I always thought RAF int involved clever bods staring at the photo product of U2's and the like and worrying about technical/tactical aspects of other peoples aeroplanes.
The current situation means that the Armed Forces need anyone who can speak Arabic or Pashtu. Anyone from any service trade or cap badge could be trained and find themselves out on the ground with green army patrols. Its the linguistic skills that is the most important!

I have a mate who is an AB Submariner who is working with the Army cos he speaks Arabic
 
#17
polar69 said:
Differnece is EX_STAB that the nimrod is a 40 year old design, not a 40 year old airframe


At least I hope not :?
Is this a wah?

Wah off:

Nimrod entered service in 1969 - last airframe built was completed by 1974 at the latest, probably earlier. Every version since then has been a conversion or rebuild of one of the existing airframes. The "new" Nimrod 2000 models (still not in service) are rebuilds of the originals.

Nimrod is based on the Comet airliner. Never heard of the Comet? Not surprising, it first flew in 1949 and was finally withdrawn in 1981.
 
#18
EX_STAB said:
polar69 said:
Differnece is EX_STAB that the nimrod is a 40 year old design, not a 40 year old airframe


At least I hope not :?
Is this a wah?

Wah off:

Nimrod entered service in 1969 - last airframe built was completed by 1974 at the latest, probably earlier. Every version since then has been a conversion or rebuild of one of the existing airframes. The "new" Nimrod 2000 models (still not in service) are rebuilds of the originals.

Nimrod is based on the Comet airliner. Never heard of the Comet? Not surprising, it first flew in 1949 and was finally withdrawn in 1981.
Yeah cos it kept falling out of the sky!
 
#19
Further Polar69's comment.

Hmmmm?1?

Nignog first flew in May 67, but based on DH Comet, (first flew 27 July 1949)

Best stick with Cortinas and Marinas eh!!
 
#20
Are you trying to tell me that Nimrod is the Gene Hunt of the air??
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top