Fancy a Spliff..Oops Sorry you chaps can't Joint in !

As has already been stated, weed was "decriminalised", meaning you could have up to 30 grammes on you for "personal use". What a lot of folks don't realise is that growing it was still a crime there. However, they've tightened things up a bit now due to all the right-wingers constantly complaining about it.

It should never have been criminalised in the first place. And all the decades of folks begging for a little leeway were just a wasted effort. What we should have been doing the whole time was self-confidently demanding: "What the fück business of yours is it if I smoke a spliff?"

MsG
Only cunts smoke weed though so ‘begging for leeway’ was rightly dismissed.

Yeah, stoners are always full of life and not dull cnuts who ramble on talking shit at all, no siree, no not ever.....
They sound overqualified for site membership.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Only cnuts smoke weed though so ‘begging for leeway’ was rightly dismissed.
That sort of attitude has been part of the problem all along. It's OK to regularly partake of alcohol, because that's "manly", but if you smoke weed, you're immediately put in a different "category". Now why is that?

MsG

That sort of attitude has been part of the problem all along. It's OK to regularly partake of alcohol, because that's "manly", but if you smoke weed, you're immediately put in a different "category". Now why is that?

MsG
Because alcohol helps you finger girls.

Weed makes you pontificate whilst drinking cheap red wine

I have never tried weed but if it was legalised I would probably give it a try at least just to shut up every fucker that constantly tell me I should try it to help with my pain, and then take great joy in telling them it did fuck all

In my area of Ontario there is a lot of weed being grown and nobody has given a shite in years. Generally if there is a lone tree growing in a corn field, you can generally find the marijuana growing around the base and it will all be gone before the corn is harvested. Most of the growers I know are figuring it’s going to be more difficult to produce since there has only been a mild effort by law enforcement to stop them in the past, but now tax collection is a factor, enforcement will now be taken seriously to feed the gov’ts coffers....

Right, because the first thing you think of with drug users is legal responsibility and morality.
We are all drug users, even you my friend. The point being, alcohol, tobacco, etc is a lot easier to tax than a few home grown tomato plants.

The use of a particular drug, doesn't make you you any more or less responsible or moral, any more than alcohol, unless of course that does with you?

MsG
I think your late night ramblings explain it rather well!

Whatever happened to the country of my fathers? I've never seen such embarrassingly weak, vapid, ineffectual "leadership".

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Because you are some hippy junkie ****.
It's strange how attitudes to certain drugs are conditioned by propaganda, innit? All those decades of "negative news" about weed (and heroin, cocaine, etc) have instilled a view that such drugs are for "losers", hippies and so on, or at the very least, not for "real men". They're regarded as drugs for those of a weak mind who can't face life as it is and thus such folks are seen as being somehow less "manly" than their alk-swilling counterparts.

I can still mind comrades in the British Army actually loudly boasting about the vast amounts of alk they could quaff and deriding those who couldn't keep up. I even mind your man Hague the Vague there doing the same with his 600 pints a day, or whatever it was. How perverse is that, eh? Although I must admit that the fact I (along with a few others in various units) didn't touch alk was, funnily enough, accepted without any trouble. So it seems that the two acceptable opinions were either you were teetotal or a semi-alkie, because "real men" drink alk. There's something wrong there, don't you think?

MsG

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Independent Senator Tony Dean who sponsored the bill was elated celebrating the end of cannabis prohibition in Canada, “We have seen in the Senate tonight a historic vote that ends 90 years of prohibition of cannabis in this country, 90 years of needless criminalization, 90 years of a just-say-no approach to drugs that hasn’t worked.” Dean emphasized, “I’m proud of Canada today. This is progressive social policy.” He said as he fired up a fatty.

I've been at a few parties where I'm pretty sure the 2nd hand smoke got me a bit off a buzz on which I didn't mind but having had just two drags in my life which ended up wrecking my daughters 12th birthday - long story which I might drop into the Emperor Mong Thread now that I have finally remembered it.

Should the UK follow suit ?

Does anybody have any 'weird' stories about 'friends of friends' that fire up the bong ?
Years ago, when travelling in Pakistan (or it may have been India), I ended up partaking of a chillum at one of the internal customs posts/check points.

It was pretty strong stuff and, in my drugged-up state, I could accurately recall the lyrics of every ELO song I'd every heard.

The effects of narcotics can be truly horrific.

Independent Senator Tony Dean who sponsored the bill was elated celebrating the end of cannabis prohibition in Canada, “We have seen in the Senate tonight a historic vote that ends 90 years of prohibition of cannabis in this country, 90 years of needless criminalization, 90 years of a just-say-no approach to drugs that hasn’t worked.” Dean emphasized, “I’m proud of Canada today. This is progressive social policy.” He said as he fired up a fatty.

I've been at a few parties where I'm pretty sure the 2nd hand smoke got me a bit off a buzz on which I didn't mind but having had just two drags in my life which ended up wrecking my daughters 12th birthday - long story which I might drop into the Emperor Mong Thread now that I have finally remembered it.

Should the UK follow suit ?

Does anybody have any 'weird' stories about 'friends of friends' that fire up the bong ?
Several years ago, as a sparkie, I was tasked to accompany a shop fitting team all over the UK, referbing a well known chain stores many outlets. living in guest houses and cheap hotels. Once we had booked in, I had to travel with them in their crew bus to the stores, all three smoked in the bus, from the stores, and back. they all smoked weed, I did not, even making a detour while in north wales into Rhyl to buy more weed. I had a monumental headache from day one, it lasted for 6 weeks, even in the digs, I ended up getting my own room, the stench of the F***** drug clung on, and permutated my cloths for weeks afterwards.

It's strange how attitudes to certain drugs are conditioned by propaganda, innit? All those decades of "negative news" about weed (and heroin, cocaine, etc) have instilled a view that such drugs are for "losers", hippies and so on, or at the very least, not for "real men". They're regarded as drugs for those of a weak mind who can't face life as it is and thus such folks are seen as being somehow less "manly" than their alk-swilling counterparts.
Maybe if you werent a user, drugs might have a better rep.

All Anti-drugs campaigners have to say is "Do you want to end up like Bugsy?"

MsG
Because alcohol is one if the 5 food groups