Fancy a flip phone?

Wish I'd know about this a month ago, it's better than the Doro flip my mother bought

Nokia 2720 Hands-On: Flip phone makes a comeback

First personal mobile I owned was Ericsson T29 flip. Small, light, long life. Still miss it.

Sprogs!
My first mobile weighed about 10 pounds and was in a canvas case with a shoulder strap. I worked very well though.

This was my favourite: Ericsson R250s

Bloody indestructable, the only problem was it was not thief proof and some thieving toerag, scrote of a copper nicked it out of the duty room in my police station.

endure

GCM
Sprogs!
My first mobile weighed about 10 pounds and was in a canvas case with a shoulder strap. I worked very well though.
My first mobile needed a car to carry it round in :mrgreen: The T29 was the first one I could fit in my pocket.

This was my favourite: Ericsson R250s

Bloody indestructable, the only problem was it was not thief proof and some thieving toerag, scrote of a copper nicked it out of the duty room in my police station.

I still have one, for a while I worked as a telecoms bod for a construction company I demonstrated how tough it was by knocking a nail in with it. Loudest hands free speaker I have heard.
Oh, and you can wash it under a tap!

I still have one, for a while I worked as a telecoms bod for a construction company I demonstrated how tough it was by knocking a nail in with it. Loudest hands free speaker I have heard.
Oh, and you can wash it under a tap!
Solid magnesium body I recall. I even managed to blag some spare plastic and a battery for it from one of the local phone shops on my patch when they were doing away with the sales display.

As I worked with them, I still have most of these phones, some even still work!
One idea that I miss was the Motorola, like Boss Hoggs, that you could put AA batteries in.

Sprogs!
I got my first mobile phone in 1976. The phone itself was quite heavy but nothing in comparison to the drum and cable.

oldMotorola.jpg

My first cell phone by Motorola. Under what you see was a battery the size of a sidewalk brick but heavier.

It worked great. Fully realized how helpful cell phones were when there was an emergency at work when my son, then aged 10, was in an ice hockey tournament, at a time when my USNR wife was off doing Navy stuff in Norway. I was able to call all who needed to be called in while sitting at the rink. That done I could enjoy the game.

Latest Threads