• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Fancy a C-130, a CH53, an AH-1S Cobra, a Skyhawk or a Kfir ?

Interesting official israeli air force "excess equipment" website....I can think of a few items that would fit nicely into the inventory of a number of european armed forces....

Air Force Excess Equipment

Same exist for land and navy, of course.....

Land Excess Inventory

Naval Excess Inventory
Fantassin - they're all excellent choices of equipment if you want to re-enact Yom Kippur. You can get much better deals on second hand Typhoons and I'd imagine the same for Rafale shortly :)

Interesting to see they are flogging off their Galil rifles too; apparently, in spite of all the sales drives, it never caught on IDF troopers like the CAR-15 and then M-4s did. Not to mention the fact that American rifles come through FMS....

I think the FRA armed forces should get a deal on 6-9 CH53s for their Op in Mali; would make life a lot easier...

Interesting to see they are flogging off their Galil rifles too; apparently, in spite of all the sales drives, it never caught on IDF troopers like the CAR-15 and then M-4s did. Not to mention the fact that American rifles come through FMS....

I think the FRA armed forces should get a deal on 6-9 CH53s for their Op in Mali; would make life a lot easier...

Thought they were going over to the Tavor?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't the KFIR a robbed-off Mirage 5?
quite a bit more capable, I was always led to believe, as it was pretty thoroughly re-engineered rather than just a straight copy (the Nesher, the Kfir's predecessor, was more of a straight copy.) they re-engined it with the J79 (as used in the f-4), rejigged the cockpit and electronics and made it a much better aircraft than the 5. (I stand to be corrected by others with more knowledge, however.)

A M-60A3 Main Battle Tank now that's the thing to drive in to Croydon tonight.
Easily get a car park space right outside the pub & no worries about the chavs complaining.

Thought they were going over to the Tavor?
They are, though it is taking a while. Presumably M4s/CAR-15s/M16s from units now using Tavors are being used to replace the remaining Galils in other units. From December 2012:

IDF phasing out M-16 in favor of Israeli-made Tavor | JPost | Israel News

By next year, three infantry brigades of conscripted soldiers and four reserve brigades will have made the transition to the Tavor,
New Gun Overview: IWI TAVOR SAR, Part One | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

They are, though it is taking a while. Presumably M4s/CAR-15s/M16s from units now using Tavors are being used to replace the remaining Galils in other units.
I can't remember the last time I saw a conscript or reservist using a Galil. Saying that I have not yet seen a reservist with a Tavor either. Its M4/CAR-15/M16 stock.

Latest Threads