Fancy a C-130, a CH53, an AH-1S Cobra, a Skyhawk or a Kfir ?

Isn't the KFIR a robbed-off Mirage 5?

Interesting official israeli air force "excess equipment" website....I can think of a few items that would fit nicely into the inventory of a number of european armed forces....

Air Force Excess Equipment

Same exist for land and navy, of course.....

Land Excess Inventory

Naval Excess Inventory
Fantassin - they're all excellent choices of equipment if you want to re-enact Yom Kippur. You can get much better deals on second hand Typhoons and I'd imagine the same for Rafale shortly :)

Interesting to see they are flogging off their Galil rifles too; apparently, in spite of all the sales drives, it never caught on IDF troopers like the CAR-15 and then M-4s did. Not to mention the fact that American rifles come through FMS....

I think the FRA armed forces should get a deal on 6-9 CH53s for their Op in Mali; would make life a lot easier...

Interesting to see they are flogging off their Galil rifles too; apparently, in spite of all the sales drives, it never caught on IDF troopers like the CAR-15 and then M-4s did. Not to mention the fact that American rifles come through FMS....

I think the FRA armed forces should get a deal on 6-9 CH53s for their Op in Mali; would make life a lot easier...

Thought they were going over to the Tavor?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't the KFIR a robbed-off Mirage 5?
quite a bit more capable, I was always led to believe, as it was pretty thoroughly re-engineered rather than just a straight copy (the Nesher, the Kfir's predecessor, was more of a straight copy.) they re-engined it with the J79 (as used in the f-4), rejigged the cockpit and electronics and made it a much better aircraft than the 5. (I stand to be corrected by others with more knowledge, however.)

A M-60A3 Main Battle Tank now that's the thing to drive in to Croydon tonight.
Easily get a car park space right outside the pub & no worries about the chavs complaining.

Thought they were going over to the Tavor?
They are, though it is taking a while. Presumably M4s/CAR-15s/M16s from units now using Tavors are being used to replace the remaining Galils in other units. From December 2012:

IDF phasing out M-16 in favor of Israeli-made Tavor | JPost | Israel News

By next year, three infantry brigades of conscripted soldiers and four reserve brigades will have made the transition to the Tavor,
New Gun Overview: IWI TAVOR SAR, Part One | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

They are, though it is taking a while. Presumably M4s/CAR-15s/M16s from units now using Tavors are being used to replace the remaining Galils in other units.
I can't remember the last time I saw a conscript or reservist using a Galil. Saying that I have not yet seen a reservist with a Tavor either. Its M4/CAR-15/M16 stock.