Fan Dance

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Peter_Skellen, Feb 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody have the GR's for the fan dance. had a look over the net and there seems to be conflicting results. I always thought i was over the fan and back, but some places say otherwise.

Just looking at doing it for abit of training, maybe even doing it as a charity event, poss H4H in the future.

Cheers
    PS

2. Peter...........click on 'Google' search second one down...Wilipedia....all the info is on there..........good luck you will enjoy the tab.

3. From about the car park at GR SO 055 175 to SN 987 198 thats were thy tend to park up

4. Link?

Cheers Trooper66

5. That is not the route, as they also use SO 098 196 these are just their park ups but as Mike Keely's monument is up around spot hight 762 work it out for your self

6. Peter.........sorry I was on the phone, I should have said..click on Google search.........type in Fan Dance Brecon.......

7. I googled fan dance and look what it gave;

[​IMG]

Sometimes you lot really worry me..

8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Enough of your drivel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_dance_(exercise)

The wiki page provided by brecon is spot on, unless they have changed it in the many years since I dragged my arrse round it before failing dramatically later on!

9. If you check I'm only a couple of hundred metres out and I'm doing it from memory not Google

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Your 098196 grid is around 4 kms east of the finish/turn around point, and spot height 762 is nowhere near the route. If your memory is that bad, perhaps you should avoid posting.

Tell you what, why don't you just post a shite picture of a tank - you seem to find an excuse to do so on every other thread you blunder into.

11. Yes it is still the same Duke. Cheers mate. Peter: check out Google search, ''FAN DANCE ALE from Breconshire Brecon Wales''. More info on the route there (I believe the PARA Regt do the same route, which is slightly different than the SAS one)...........

12. Then why is the monument up there, I though he was taking part

13. Cheers all 8)

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I believe he was taking part in one of the selection routes (possibly long drag), not Fan Dance which is conducted as a squad (at least to start with).

15. I went past it last summer while lookin g for the aircraft engine in the stream to take photos