Famous serving/Ex Military musicians

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Are there any famous serving or ex-military musicians (apart from James Blunt, obviously)?

2. Glen Miller :lol:

Wasn't Graham"Suggs" Macpherson of Madness a Guardsman?
    Billy Bragg.
  3. msr

msr LE

I'm thinking contemporary and to define it further - guitar based rock with a thumping beat, and yes there is a hidden agenda here ;)

4. Jimi Somerville. Now there's a man's man!
    Jimi Hendrix
    One of Motorhead's guitarists - who left a few years ago - Wurzel.
    Watty Buchan from the Exploited - ex Royal Scots

I reckon the recently sacked bassist from The Darkness (Frankie Poullain) must have been SAS...have you seen his moustache?!!!:wink:
  5. was a 'Stereophonic' in somewhere?

a civvy could not come up with the line, "HURRY UP AND WAIT"
  6. Come on then msr.. Hidden agenda?
  7. I hate to pizs on msr's hidden agenda but to save begining a new thread, are there any celebritys in general, (singers, actors, comedians etc.)
  8. Jimi Hendrix
  9. Lenny Kravitz( sp)?
  10. I just think its nice that the chinless wonder James Blunt has give us all a new rhyming slang for a word beloved of soldiers everywhere
  11. How the hell has Blunt become a bloody Brit award winner. He writes sh*tty schoolboy lyrics - "you're beautiful, you're beautiful it's true, you're beautiful, you're beautiful and I don't know what to do". That is pretty piss poor prep. He has a girly voice with no soul and the charisma of a bleached dishcloth. On the other hand, he's an ex-bill oddie so fair play to the weasely talent-vortex.
  12. Well it didn't take too long for this to turn into a James blunt bashing thread, theres plenty of others about.
  13. Axl Rose
  14. Bruce Dickinson
  15. Met a few who played the PICCOLO.