Famous or Infamous People in the REME

Benny Hill and Jim Fox are two people who were both in the REME and went on to gain notoriety and success in their fields, also Dennis Nielsen was a mass murderer who served in the Catering Corps and munched the flesh of his victims, are there any other famous or otherwise people who have served in our beloved corps and who else served in other corps/regiments? i believe there is quite a famous double olympic gold medal winning rug muncher who served in the AGC, can anyone confirm this for me?!

i thought i was sad on a friday afternoon, but if you spend your time going through statistics of how many posts i've done i suggest you need some daylight...

Benny Hill in your Corps? I was always led to believe that he was in The Royal Signals! I may be wrong though.

Jimmy for ever.

Leslie Grantham from the Eastenders ( cant remember his name ) was based in Osnabrueck in the 60s/70s and killed a taxi driver with a knife!
I couldn't believe it when I heard it but it is based on facts!

Got send into prison, got out, became an actor.

osnaduckling22 said:
This one elder actor of East Enders ( cant remember his name ) was based in Osnabrueck in the 60s/70s and killed a taxi driver with a knife!
that is Leslie Grantham, and he was not REME!!

damn she edited it after i answered

canteen_cowboy said:
osnaduckling22 said:
This one elder actor of East Enders ( cant remember his name ) was based in Osnabrueck in the 60s/70s and killed a taxi driver with a knife!
that is Leslie Grantham, and he was not REME!!

damn she edited it after i answered
No, I wasn't. I edited right BEFORE you anwered :twisted:

I was just looking throught the cast of Eastenders and found his name.

Heywood_Jablowme = another REME w*nker.

VMechA said:
and that being said by a gun mechanic? - rich, very rich
You sad bast*rd, a REME badge as an avatar.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
armourer said:
[You sad bast*rd, a REME badge as an avatar.
WTF is wrong with that? Good on him. You have had some very good posts in the past and I don't know if this is a personal spat but I don't see how you can slag someone for being proud enough of his background to show it off.

Remember, the way the army is being pushed this may be the only way to keep the badge in use.