Famous or Infamous People in the REME

Discussion in 'REME' started by Heywood_Jablowme, May 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Benny Hill and Jim Fox are two people who were both in the REME and went on to gain notoriety and success in their fields, also Dennis Nielsen was a mass murderer who served in the Catering Corps and munched the flesh of his victims, are there any other famous or otherwise people who have served in our beloved corps and who else served in other corps/regiments? i believe there is quite a famous double olympic gold medal winning rug muncher who served in the AGC, can anyone confirm this for me?!
  2. 4 fcukin boring posts in 30 minutes, all shite and whingy, you boring t**t
  3. i thought i was sad on a friday afternoon, but if you spend your time going through statistics of how many posts i've done i suggest you need some daylight...
  4. Benny Hill in your Corps? I was always led to believe that he was in The Royal Signals! I may be wrong though.

Jimmy for ever.
  5. Maybe Norman Wisdom, keeps on tripping over spanners, as such :lol:
  6. Billy Smart :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. I heard The Chuckle Brothers and Lilly Savage

:lol: :lol:
  8. Well there was moi, infamous in mi own lunch time.
  9. Leslie Grantham from the Eastenders ( cant remember his name ) was based in Osnabrueck in the 60s/70s and killed a taxi driver with a knife!
    I couldn't believe it when I heard it but it is based on facts!

Got send into prison, got out, became an actor.
  10. that is Leslie Grantham, and he was not REME!!

damn she edited it after i answered
  11. Yeah, you are right. I just felt like I had to say something because I haven't comment on anything in the forum for quite a while :wink:
  12. No, I wasn't. I edited right BEFORE you anwered :twisted:

I was just looking throught the cast of Eastenders and found his name.
  13. He shot him didn't he? (the taxi driver)
  14. No, I've heard he was using a knife!