• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Family who are too fat to work!

Am listening to this on Jeremy Whine. Didn't know whether to post this in Current Affairs or the NAAFI ... so fire up the outrage bus ...

A family of four with a combined weight of 83 stone say they are "too fat to work" and need more than the £22,000 they currently receive in benefits.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ay-22000-worth-of-benefits-is-not-enough.html

Philip Chawner, 53, and his 57-year-old wife Audrey weigh 24st. Their daughter Emma, 19, weighs 17st, while her older sister Samantha, 21, weighs 18st.

The family from Blackburn claim £22,508 a year in benefits, equivalent to the take-home pay from a £30,000 salary.

Mr Chawner said: "What we get barely covers the bills and puts food on the table. It's not our fault we can't work. We deserve more."

The family claim to spend £50 a week on food and consume 3,000 calories each a day. The recommended maximum intake is 2,000 for women and 2,500 for men.

"We have cereal for breakfast, bacon butties for lunch and microwave pies with mashed potato or chips for dinner," Mrs Chawner told Closer magazine.

"All that healthy food, like fruit and veg, is too expensive. We're fat because it's in our genes. Our whole family is overweight," she added.

Each week, Mr and Mrs Chawner, who have been married for 23 years, receive £177 in income support and incapacity benefit. Mrs Chawner is paid an extra £330-a-month disability allowance for epilepsy and asthma, both a result of being overweight.

Mr Chawner gets £71 a month after developing Type 2 diabetes because of his size. He was on a waiting list for a gastric band last year, but a heart condition made the operation unsuitable. Their daughter Samantha receives £84 in Jobseekers' Allowance each fortnight while Emma, who is training to be a hairdresser, gets £58 every two weeks under a hardship fund for low-income students.

Emma, said: "I'm a student and don't have time to exercise" she said "We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."

Bloody hell. I am a civil servant based in Germany and my basic is only 17.5k per year and I think I work bloody hard for that (don't laugh, some of us do).

Perhaps I should stuff myself with pies and go on the dole.

We're fat because it's in our genes quoted from Mummy,
I love it truly the nutters have come out to play, perhaps Prezzer can mentor this mob as well do they live in Hull by any chance!

Most GP's & PCT's (Primary Care Trusts) can now offer free or subsidised membership to local leisure centres.
I know my GP offers it & you get in for a 75%+ discount, those on a low income get it for free!

What a pair of 'hippocrocapiggadoggamooses' those two are! I hope they are told to ram it. As for the one who says "I don't have time to eat". What a load of arrse.

It's not our fault we can't work.

Yes it is, stop eating...

We're fat because it's in our genes.

How comes that excuse won't wash with my doc?

"I'm a student and don't have time to exercise"

How come all the hairdressers I've seen are skinny as a rake - they're too busy working to eat!!

"We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."

Stop eating and start walking

I would question the fact that they can barely afford to put food on the table. They should consider themselves lucky that living in Blackburn they should be able to keep the Japanese Whalers at bay!

I'd love to spend some time compiling an articulate response, but feck it this is the NAAFI ...

What a bunch of ignorant, thick, lazy cnuts ! Look at the state of those munters on either end, they're like a pair of feckin bookends. The parents should be thrown in an industrial liquidiser and the remains fed to the pigs as a lesson to fat useless bastards everywhere !

People like these make up more and more of the population....and they let them breed too. Face it, society is fucked.

Outlaw fast food, give kids proper education about healthy eating and bring back compulsory sport for all those at school. It'll take a generation.

in_the_cheapseats said:
People like these make up more and more of the population....and they let them breed too. Face it, society is fucked.

Outlaw fast food, give kids proper education about healthy eating and bring back compulsory sport for all those at school. It'll take a generation.

Why go to that trouble? just stop the dole/incapacity benefits.

They are fat and lazy because the state allows them to be, why work when you can live like they do without bothering to work?

k13eod said:
Leave them alone you tight bas-tards. If it wasn't for them, Ricky Gervais would never have come up with the idea for Flanimals. The Puddloflaj and the The Grundit are direct lifts from the 'Ragu for blood' family.

Can you just imagine the amount of King Kongs Fingers their upstairs trap has to deal with?

Latest Threads