Family to sue Somerfield.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Boy dies because mother is stupid

"Harry Blackmore was swinging on a small steel rail when he fell in the store in Liverpool.

His devastated mother was shopping just yards away when the tragedy happened."

"The distraught parents, who have four daughters, are now suing the supermarket giant for negligence."

"Family solicitor Rex Makin told Sky News the family was taking legal action against Somerfield.

He said: "This is a working class neighbourhood with lots of children. We say that parents should be able to go shopping with their children in a safe environment.

"We say that the railing should not have been there or should not have been in that state."

Stupid bitch should be prosecuted for failing to take responsibility for her child.
  2. it's no longer a case of 'what does somebody have to do to get sued'

it's a case of 'what do we have to do to sue somebody'
  3. I agree! And people wonder why kids grow up to be irrisponsible!!
  4. hopefully the judge will laugh at them for being a bunch of pikey nawkers.

if I was a judge I'd have them done for wasting everyone's time and money.
  5. Somerfield should counter-sue for loss of earnings whilst the medics/police were there, & the subsequent investigation.
  6. In fairness Somerfield should have known that the floor was hard :!:

FFS :x
  7. it's just absolutely ridiculous. its like suing the highways agency because your kid walked onto a motorway and got creamed by a truck.

'the road shouldn't have been there in the state it was (with traffic on it!)'
  8. Ye and that the kid was a brat!!!!! Swinging on things!!
  9. Before you know it, people will be expecting all four wheels on their trolley to work as well. :roll:

What is the world coming to?
  10. What is it with the scousers killing their kids?!?!

Perhaps the young lad realised he was a scouser and did the honourable thing?
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's very sad and unfortunate that the little tyke landed on his nut after swinging on the railing. It's also sad that he karked it as a result, and I feel sorry for the parents and their loss.

As for sueing Somerfield - wake up you throwbacks!!!!!
  12. For fucks sake. The lads not even cold and all his folks can think about is making cash out of it.

Just can't believe his luck more like. Oooh lets sue a Supermarket - we'll make a tonne of wedge and probably be able to afford Max Clifford to represent us as we release the book

"Our Horrific Nightmare In Checkout One"

I watched two terribly wounded Troops man-up and crack on last night, it completely humbled me.

These money grabbing twats would do well to follow that example.

Rant over. Where's that outrage bus.
  13. That kid Died i Think, I Woulda Probly tried sue them too in fairness, Try to Count my Losses with the Kid And Go on a Bender
  14. How about social services taking the mother to Court for neglect, after all why wasn't the mother close enough to say to the child........"stop that behaviour" or physically stopping him from swinging on the railing and therefore be in control of her offspring. Parents get taken to Court for their children absconding from school, so why couldn't you do something similar here if this is the path we are going to tread!!!!
  15. Say again all after "That" :?