Family Time

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Preptalk, May 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, I'm a noob to the forum so here goes.

I've put in my app and just waiting to get something back now. One question that has been lingering on my mind though is time to see family. How easy/hard is it to do/has it been?
    I know it obviously depends on where your based and I know that throughout basic there will be no time to see family but on average how often do you guys/gals see the fam?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Depends on what you mean by family, that and where your posted.

For me every night.

For you once you've done basic and phase 2, as often as you want
  3. I got along with my family in proportion to the distance between us, when I had a continent and the Atlantic between us, they were ace...
  4. In basic, on the families day and the break in training at week 7, then on your pass out parade.

In Phase 2, cap badge dependant, you'll get weekends and leave periods. At your unit, whenever you like depending on distance.
  5. Thanks guys. My main concern was weather weekends really are yours to do with as your wish. During the week I would be concentrating on training so weekends would be the time I'd like to hear home on occasion.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)