Family Skiing Holiday Help

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Paul_and_co, Jan 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi... After after a Christmas / New Year of driving all over England visiting family and outlaws and watching my poor 6 year old sitting bored on old peoples sofas, ive decided that next year will be different. I want to take the missus and my son off skiing for 7 / 10 days. We`ll be setting off from London on about 23 Dec. Anyone have any sugestiona of packages that include all the usual (Accom, travel, Ski Hire, Lift Passes etc...)? Im happy to consider Army Lodges in Bavaria or something nice a bit further afield so long as the price is right.

Many thanks in advance...
  2. Have a butchers at Les Contamines in France. Lots of events are held there and they are quite good at giving good deals to include accom and skiing.

Also its often quite quiet, which is nice.
  3. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Have a look at Equity Travel, they do all the bookings for the AMS Ski Championships (Serre Chevalier this year) and have some pretty reasonable 'all in' prices.
  4. Why not give Troodos in Cyprus a thought, Some good slopes and very family friendly. If you are military, a check through the usual channels should bear fruit. The probability of a trooper though will be slim due to the season but it is a very accomodating place and cheap as fook!
  5. Try I maybe a little out on the address. They do packages which include food b'fast/dinner incl. wine,accomm, tpt, nursery places, lessons for kids/ adults. It is more expensive than a lodge/ chalet holiday but everything is catered for. I've been to selva de gardena in italy last Jan, fantastic, going to Austria Mar this year..Good luck.