Family Pride

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by still21inmymind, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My daughter is the most tolerant, unbiased person I know.

She came home from college today and said that she had seen a 'diverse British citizen of Asian origin' with ginger hair.

This I believe indicates that he has made the Haj, a sort of Mussulman Senior Brecon.

What gave me the great pride however was when she reported that the first words into her mind were 'curry, p1ss and Twiglets'.

2. It's moments like that that make it all worthwhile. I personally can't wait for the day my two are reported for assaulting that gwar kid in nursery.

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I still remember with fondness when my daughter, whilst trying to describe one of her class mates, said "You know him Dad, the fat speccy ginger pratt".

Still bring tears to the eyes now.

4. Your daughter went to school with MDN ?

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I fucking hope not, but then again it would explain alot.

6. I have already commented with fatherly and uxorious pride on my daughter and wife's use of squaddyspeak. It has been a ten year slog but I am happy to reveal that despite her fenian gingeryness, TFB is now a fully paid up Army wife. There were times when I feared her former role as a matelot's missus might be irredeemable. Happily that has not proved the case, for just this morning when faced with an officer of HMRC, she asked me "What's that thing you do to people's drinks that you don't like?" Skiffing, I replied. She then proceeded to skiff the HMRC inspector's mug before taking it through to her office!

I am so very proud.