Family medal / photo thingy

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Feb 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. OK, If anyone fancies bidding for this service I will do it for them.

    I need a picture, a name and unit and I will source their record, aquire a set of duplicate gongs, court mount them and frame them like the ones below, I'' also ensure the capbadge is genuine, relevant to era and not a re-strike.

    Every house should have their ancestors done, its the law! :D



    They are about 24 x 12 inches and look the boll0cks!


  2. £70 shiny pounds as long as you promise not to eat the photos and medals fat boy :)

    Had this quoted at £130 for the same thing, so best you deliver
  3. Double it and I'll frame his missing leg for you :D
  4. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Can you do WW1?
  5. If you have a photo and their number rank and name then yes.
  6. can you not just start up a service as i have two sets need doing ww1 and ww2
  7. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Ok Canadian Expeditionary Forces?
  8. I quite enjoy doing it and if you already have the medals and its just photo and badge mounting then I'm happy to do it if you were to throw a reasonable amount in the pot for this.


    I have no idea mate, the medals I did for my Grandfathers are genuine but replacement ribbons. If you already know what he may have been awarded that would make the job easier. Do you have a photograph?
  9. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    I do but of him and his wife, he was back in uniform by 1940!
  10. Cutaway

    Cutaway LE Reviewer

    I'll go for that.

    £ 80.00
  11. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Too steep at the mo, give me a month or so in my new job and you are on!
  12. Good idea, only prob is my Great Grand Uncles record are on of those ones that were last in WW2 (that was last time I looked in 2004)
    And I need to get details from Kentigern House ref my granddads record

    Whats the score if I don't have number or unit?
    The old boy can't remember his number and vague recollection of unit, I think it's alzeihemers.
  13. I don't think there was an Alzeimers unit mate, but I will refer to Kipling and Kings :D

    If I haven't got anything to go on, I'll struggle to put something together.

    Get onto Kentigern house and they should sort you out, especially if you know his full names including middle names, place of birth and enlistement etc, and a rough idea of capbadge.
  14. Try to find out as much as you can. Where he enlisted and trained etc. Dates and battles. Then look for a forum on the net and ask for help. You will be surprised. When you have more you can phone records and explain and ask what they can do for you.
  15. 250 quid for my my Dad's gongs.

    He turns 90 on 3 July, so it would make a nice pressie for him. He is ex-RAF (1933-46). I can PM you his service details.